Harry Potter vs Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000
save

Harry Potter vs Twilight 54807 réponses

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 53701-53750 of 54807

il y a plus d’un an harrypotterbest said…
Thanks -___-
il y a plus d’un an alexthedog said…
Anybody here?
I miss the original Reasons group ._.
il y a plus d’un an venvargie said…

Me too. :(
il y a plus d’un an harrypotterbest said…

Same... :(
il y a plus d’un an HogwartsStudent said…
I originally posted this as on the why twilight is better than Harry Potter page. It makes more sense here- "I find it ridiculous someone would think Twilight is better than Harry Potter. First off, Harry Potter has action, comedy, adventure, fantasy, romance- a little bit of everything. So stop saying "Oh Twilight's a romance novel it has love in it and Harry Potter doesn't!" etc. etc. Twilight has a choice between bestiality and necrophilia. Not romance, and it is very sappy. The next one, and believe me I know it's not a fair judgement, is that Harry Potter fans tend to have a greater vocabulary and have better spelling and grammar skills. Why? Because with J.K. Rowling's writing, she uses so many words kids (or whoever reads the series) may not see on a regular basis. And has much better ways of describing things. Also, Harry Potter doesn't have these so called "vampires" because guess what? Vampires. Don't. Sparkle. They burn up in the sunlight, not sparkle like a woodland pixie. Sorry to disappoint, but it's true. Go read Dracula if you want a real vampire story. Harry Potter has so many characters, and they all have backstories behind them. Now don't go saying "Oh no it's much too confusing to have to deal with soo many characters!" because that's what makes a story great. Details. And Harry Potter has those details. Twilight...not so much. Harry Potter is a story for all ages and genders. Boys love it, girls love it, kids, teenagers, adults, the elderly- it appeals to everyone. Twilight appeals to teenage girls. Next, think of the villains- wizards are afraid to say Lord Voldemort's name. You can say James and Volturi as much as you want, they're not feared on that level. Now this one bothers me. I don't know if it was intentional, but I feel as if Stephanie Meyers partially ripped off J.K. Rowling. Sirius Black is an Anigamus. He transformed into a large black dog. Jacob Black is a werewolf (If I'm correct. Or was a shapeshifter?) and guess what? He turns into a wolf! You know a wolf is? A dog. Not a domesticated one, but a dog nonetheless. Next off, for my favorite character in the series. Hermione Granger is a smart young woman who is independent and doesn't need a boyfriend to take care of her. She's always shown studying and getting top marks. Bella Swan is a whiny, clingy teenage girl who got severely depressed after Edward dumped her, and just so manages to pass her classes. Next, Ginny Weasley let Harry go fight Voldemort, as she knew it was necessary, even though she loved him. She accepted it. Bella refuses to let Edward protect the town from vampires and makes a fuss. Also, which series ended more realistically? In Harry Potter, Fred dies, Snape dies, Dumbledore dies, Dobby, Hedwig, Lupin, Sirius- they all die. Bella though somehow manages to end up with everything she could have possibly wanted. No casualties, no one dies, no sacrifices. Nothing. Just happy times all around. Which sport would you rather play? Quidditch or baseball? Just my thinking, but Quidditch sounds much more entertaining. Stephen King, a renowned author told J.K. Rowling she was an excellent writer, and pretty much told Stephanie Meyer she sucks at writing. Renowned authors don't tend to be wrong. Rowling's characters have flaws and aren't entirely good or evil. She developed background information on each of her characters. She knew how Snape would turn out from the first book, for example. Rowling bases her characters on old lore. Meyer pretty much disregards everything and does whatever she wants to creatures that are mentioned in ancient lore so often. Harry Potter is loyal to his friends. Bella leaves hers when she meets the "love of her life." Now isn't that just a wonderful little life lesson? Harry Potter isn't cliche. It doesn't have pedophiles (Edward's over 100 years old. He's a pedophile. Sorry.) or annoying love triangles. Rowling explains everything to you. Meyer doesn't. Some things are answered and explained, others aren't. Who's a better bully? Draco Malfoy or Lauren? Draco tries to kill Harry. Lauren rolls her eyes and makes ugly faces. Oh how ever so intimidating! Meyer tells, and doesn't show. Harry, unlike Edward, isn't a stalker. He doesn't go around watching Ginny in her sleep. When someone does this, you call the police. Not think it's romantic. Edward can't read Bella's thoughts. Why? Because she doesn't have any. Would you rather go to a wizarding school where everything is magical, or a normal public high school? Not so sure about you, but I'm all for Hogwarts. Not sure you realize it, but Twilight is also very sexist. Bella needs a guy to be happy and take care of her, etc. It doesn't show that girls can become strong, independent figures like Hermione or Ginny. Snape, a single character in Harry Potter, has more complexity than all of the Twilight characters put together. The same goes for every Harry Potter character. Do you know what Harry Potter has? A musical, and a sequel to that musical. Darren Criss, who plays a character on Glee (I figured some of you Twilight fans may like that show) plays Harry himself. Harry Potter also has the Potter Puppet Pals and the support of the website MyLifeIsAverage. Let me give you a little excerpt from the last book- "And Fred's eyes stared without seeing, the ghost of his last smile still etched upon his face." Meyer cannot write with that skill. She can't. That single sentence can make a reader cry. It brings back everything about Fred, and how now he's gone. The Harry Potter titles make sense. I have no idea where Meyer got her title names. Though she definitely likes astronomical events. Harry sacrificed himself for everyone. Bella just hid behind Edward. Also, and this annoys me, Bella and Edward are not like Romeo and Juliet. They shoud've died in that case. Not be an undead vampire. You know who died? James and Lily, to protect their son. Ginny didn't like Harry because he was perfect. Stephanie Meyer once said that a dream inspired her to write Twilight. When you look at the wisest wizard I can think of (Albus Dumbledore) he clearly states, "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." I'll take Dumbledore's advice any day. Now let me give you an idea here- in a duel, who would win? (Edward- "Don't you dare hurt Bella! Harry- "Avada Kedavra. Cedric, man, you lost your edge." Bella- "You...killed him...I must go jump off a cliff.") Does Twilight have a theme song? No. Does Harry Potter have a theme song? Yes. And a pretty good one if I do say so myself. There are only two real fight scenes in Twilight. Out of four books. That's just sad. Now, for one I think all of you Twilight fans will find quite interesting. I'm sure you've all heard of Robert Pattinson. Before you start thinking "OH. MY. GOD. HE IS SO SEXY AND HOT!" calm down, and stay with me. Before he was everyone's favorite woodland pixie, he played a wizard in the Harry Potter movies named Cedric Diggory. Cedric Diggory gets killed. Robert Pattinson himself has said he enjoyed playing Cedric. In fact, he said he enjoyed it much more than playing Edward. He actually hates Edward. Ironic, isn't it?
Lastly, Harry Potter fans grew up with the books. They went through all the happy times, funny times, sad and painful times and made connections with the characters that will last a lifetime. They'll remember how sad they were when so many of the characters died, or when Dobby punished himself. They'll laugh when they think of George and Fred's pranks, but be sad when they think of Fred. They'll remember how they detested Snape in the beginning, but by the end of the last book realized there was a side of him they hadn't known. For alot of them, the books were there when no one else was. When they needed an adventure, comedy, or just a friend. Just look at the actress who played Luna Lovegood! She was suffering from anorexia, but the books and letters from J.K. Rowling helped her get through it. I've gone on the website SixBillionSecrets and have seen many secrets saying that Harry Potter helped them through things like depression, and even stopped them from killing themselves. Do you know why? Because Harry Potter is about hope, love, friendship, and never giving up. Twilight pretty much advertises suicide. Harry Potter has been around for years. When the movie series of the books was over, the impact was felt worldwide. But the fans know that magic never ends. It's always there, and Hogwarts is always there to welcome them home. It'll always be in their hearts." I have a feeling a lot of those things have been said before on here, but I figured I'd post what I said on the twilight page here...
^^^^^
 ^^^^^
il y a plus d’un an GemonkDruid said…
kesesesese :3
hehehehe... 83
HEY THERE BRO~
il y a plus d’un an JDPizzaHPLuv said…
smile
i think harry potter better than twilight by a long shot.
my 1st reason: Harry Potter isn't overly dramatic: Twilight is pretty much about a girl desperate for a boyfriend. 2nd: Harry Potter is a mixture of a whole bunch of genres: Action, a tinge of comedy, and a bit of romance. 3rd: Harry Potter has a POINT: Twilight if u think about it, doesn't. 4th: it has on-going suspision. 5th: you can get happilly emotional from it! i almost cried when the whole seris ended; i was happy that it had such a good ending, and i was sad that it was over. 6th: JK Rowling isn't afraid to sacrifice people who are important, like Fred, Lupin, Snape, and Dumbldore especially. 7th: The Harry Potter seris went on for SEVEN BOOKS! 8th: The books are well written, and the movies are just as good as the books. I thought that Order of the Phoniex movie definatly didn't have everything that the book had in it, but that's okay. 9th: Harry Potter doesn't put people to sleep. In the Twilight seris, i HATED the New Moon movie and book. the movie put me to sleep, and the book wasn't good. 10th: You never know what to expect next with the harry potter seris if you first read the books or first see the movies.
il y a plus d’un an Gred_and_Forge said…
^
 ^
il y a plus d’un an traceyhp said…
mischievous
I JUST LOGGED IN AND LOST THE GAME!!! >:C

But on a different note, How is everybody?
il y a plus d’un an PotterForever said…
^^^
 ^^^
il y a plus d’un an zanhar1 said…
Hey guys!
Hi! x3
Finally!!!! A reply! How's life? :3
NYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYAN
Life is good.

I'm reading Homestuck right now. o-o
Whut. xD
Whut what?
What's Homestuck? x]
Webcomic.

link

Starts there.

Just a warning, the first act is slow. But it picks up.
And this comic is EXTREMELY long. and still updates.
Okayyyy then~ :3
8DDDD
Y U FORCED TO NAME HIM JOHN EGBERT? I wanted to name him something different. ;~;
YOU DON'T GET TO DO ANYTHING BUT READ IT.

It was made to be like a text adventure type thing.

But there are games you get to play down the line!

As well as some videos to watch.
NORMALLY THAT WOULD SUCK, BUT I'M LAZY, SO WHATEVER.

This is kinda confusing. Also I kinda have a headache. OH WELL~
I know. It's confusing at first. But it gets less confusing.

ALSO, LATER THERE IS JUST NO FUCKING LOGIC AND IT'S AMAZING.
link

DUDE. WATCH. NOW.
The hell I just watch
:3 ~~~~~
o______o
It was from tumblr, kesesesese~
Hello?
Hi thur
Oh hai
HELLO MY TOFUS~~~
HELLO FOOLS
HELLO THE GAME
GEMONK YOU LOOSE THE GAME
il y a plus d’un an SpeedyGonzalez said…
venvargie you are awesome because you read homestuck. That is all
Loose? The Game was tight before? ;] (twss)
Thank you SpeedyGonzalez. :3

AND DAMMIT NOW I LOST THE LOOSE GAME. >;[
NOW IT IS TIME TO WATCH: link
Anyone here?
Okay so I know no one is here right now, but I'm so nervous about this and have to let it out!

Okay, so I have a boyfriend. And while we've been dating for 7 months it's a long distance thing. I live in the states while he lives in Canada. We were planning on meeting in real life before I asked him out anyway. :P

Anyways, a few hours ago I got a call from a number I don't know. It was a 708 number so I knew it had to be out of state at least and ignored it. I get a text from my bf a minute later asking "Ummm, did you get a long distance call a second ago?" Needless to say, that was him calling me. >////< I felt bad not answering, but I never answer numbers I don't know. I always hope they'll leave a message if it's a friend. No one ever leaves a message though. *foreveralone*

So I said it wasn't a good time to call since my family was around (yeah...kinda keeping this secret from them because they wouldn't approve. >_>) and to call me Thursday afternoon when I'm just out of school.

Now, the reason I'm so nervous is...I've never talked to him over the phone. It would cost us both a lot of money, what with being long distance and all, so we have just been cool about that. (He does know what I sound like, I sent him a recording on my phone to his email, which is how we text each other. I text his mail. LOOPHOLES FTW.) And I'm so damn nervous about Thursday even though my best friend is gonna be there and asdfghjkl;

Sorry, Just had to get that off my chest. ^^; Anyone know how I can calm my nerves? It helps to know he'll be nervous too (he thinks i won't like his voice. the silly.) but still. Halp? :c
Aw, that's cute Ven. Just try practicing with a friend in rl (much better if you had a male friend). I'm sure everything will go great.

Aw, thanks. >////<

Hmm, I suppose I could do that with my one male friend i'd trust with that task. But of course he'll prolly fuck around with me and try and pretend to be all romanticy because he's into that shit. or he'll be a tard. Ah, friendship.
Haha so true. What about a brother or cousin?