Fellow FNL fans,
I'm a graduate student at Duke University who writes about class and gender issues in popular culture. I'm currently working on an article about our mutual favorite show, Friday Night Lights! However, since there is very little information out there about who specifically is watching the show-- and perhaps more importantly, WHY they watch the show-- I've put together a brief survey, and would LOVE it if you would be willing to fill it out and e-mail it to me (or even just answer it here on the forum if you wish, I'll be checking back in). The survey questions are below; you can e-mail them to me at email@example.com.
"Friday Night Lights" Focus Group Survey
1) What made you start watching the show?
2) What kept you watching the show?
3) How many seasons of the show have you watched so far?
4) How were/are you able to access the show (ie., NBC Primetime, DirectTV 100 Channel, Netflix streaming, DVDs)?
5) Have you recommended the show to others? If so, how have they responded? What kind of things do you say about the show when you recommend it?
6) What do you like best about the show?
7) What, if anything, would you change about the show if you could?
Name of home town/city: Rural? Urban? Suburban?:
Name of town/city where you live today: Rural? Urban? Suburban?:
Self-identified class background up to age 18 (i.e., lower-class; working-class; lower-middle class; middle class; upper-middle class; upper class; or any other way you have to describe your position. Feel free to elaborate as much or little as you desire.):
Self-identified class status today:
(optional)Estimated annual household income last year (2010, ballpark figure is fine):