Princesses Disney Disney Confessions

BB2010 posted on Jul 26, 2019 at 01:17AM
I got the idea from Tumblr’s Disney confessions and the unpopular opinion forum on this spot.

It’s pretty simple, you just write anything Disney related that’s happened to you in the past or your thoughts on anything Disney related as long as it’s appropriate (so no racist or homophobic comments, no insults, no sex related comments, etc). It doesn’t have to be popular or unpopular, just say what you feel!

And no arguments, please

I’ll start

Because of Disney I have a huge love for dalmatians

Princesses Disney 17 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an magicworld_88 said…
when i went to saw the remake of aladdin and i saw that the prince who try to court jasmine was stupid its makes me realize that i m sick of disney who try To be subversive about prince charming
Most of prince in disney movies are already jerks. Its really unecessary and unoriginal.

Its not because we need to teach to little girls that prince charming doesnt exist that we cant have a decent prince in a disney movie

BB2010 commented…
I think the prince in the remake is just supposed to be a new version of Prince Achmed in the original. There’s a lot of good princes in the Disney franchise like Prince Florian, Prince Charming, Phillip, Eric, Beast (after a while), Naveen (after a while), and Prince Edward and then the live action remake princes are still nice and Prince Kit even got plus screen time compared to the original. Besides Prince Hans and Achmed there’s really not a lot of princes in the franchise who are jerks and any of the ones who start off as jerks become better characters as the story goes on il y a plus d’un an
magicworld_88 commented…
But we only saw prince achmed Two seconde in the movie it never say that he is stupid. This is a choice made par Disney when they make the movies. Anyway Yes of course there are a lot of prince who are good i like most of them What i mean is Prince naveen is a jerk change par tiana Prince adam is a jerk change par belle Prince Edward is kind of stupid he is a satire who makes fun of princes Prince hans is evil Kristoff who is not a a prince is Nice One of the main reason people like flynn rider is because he is a bad boy not a "boring prince " Aladin Also act like a jerk Prince charming and the prince only have Two minute of screen time in their films Prince phillip in maleficent was useless because Disney wanted To be subversive about "true l’amour Kiss " Its just that i would like a prince par birth who is Nice from the start and play an important role to the plot :) Sure we have prince kit but it was a remake. The last one we have were prince eric and prince phillip il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an BB2010 said…
I have a big Simba plushy I’ve had since I was a toddler that I love to death. I almost took it with me to the movies when I saw the Lion King remake just to be funny but I had a feeling my mom would have made a comment about how I’m too old for that kind of thing
sunnyfields commented…
I almost did the same thing with a Simba plushy from when I was a child. toi are never too old for Disney. :) <3 il y a plus d’un an
mhs1025 commented…
When I went to see it, my friend wore a Hakuna Matata chemise for the occasion. il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an mhs1025 said…
I remember when my mom got me the 2nd Mulan. Even though she was only able to get it on VHS instead of DVD, I remember watching it, and after it was over, I remember watching the original. I don't know what possessed to do that, but I can't decide it I liked the original better or if I just wanted to catch my memory up. It was WEIRD!
Whenever I was near the water when I was a kid (bathtub, lake, beach, etc) I always pretended to be a mermaid like Ariel. I tried to swim with my legs together like one big fin and I sometimes sat on a rock and sang
MaidofOrleans commented…
Omg I totally did this too! il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an MaidofOrleans said…
monkey
This is really random, but I love that we now have 12 official princesses. It's just a really nice number, and can be divided by 2, 3, or 4, which makes it easy to divide them up into groups. Maybe I'm weird, but it's just so satisfying to me...
disnerdtobe commented…
Indeed il y a plus d’un an
BB2010 commented…
I feel the exact same way! il y a plus d’un an
MaidofOrleans commented…
I'm glad I'm not the only one XD il y a plus d’un an
I'm really connecting to Ariel and Rapunzel right now. I'm in the process of moving to a country where I don't speak the language, and it's terrifying and exciting and wonderful all at the same time. I feel like Ariel since I'll be in a completely different culture where I can't communicate with the locals, and I'm scared like Rapunzel that it won't be what I'm hoping it will be. I'm trying to be as brave and optimistic as they are but it's hard.
BB2010 commented…
Which country are toi moving to? :) And while I don’t have personal experience with this, I have some Friends and family who have had to live in different countries for a while and while it was hard for them at first it got easier after a while. Good luck with the move! il y a plus d’un an
mhs1025 commented…
I didn't know toi were moving to a different country. I have a couple family members who have also lived on the other side of the world. I hope the déplacer goes well. il y a plus d’un an
MaidofOrleans commented…
@BB2010 I am going to South Korea! I'll be teaching English to schoolkids. I know a couple people who are teaching there already, and have spoken to a few who have taught there in the past, and they all say it's an amazing experience. I'm sure it will be really difficult to be so far from my Friends and family but I hope the experience will be worth it! il y a plus d’un an
MaidofOrleans commented…
@mhs1025 thank you! I hope it goes smoothly as well. :) il y a plus d’un an
After seeing the 3rd Toy Story, I found my love for the franchise again. Then, one thing led to another over the years, and I eventually stumbled upon this club. This club REALLY helped me find my love for all of Disney again. I had to learn the way we do things, but within a month or two, I got it down.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
MaidofOrleans commented…
This club is also a huge part of why I still l’amour Disney so much. toi guys have kept the magic alive for me! il y a plus d’un an
I will forever be angry that, in the merchandise, Disney has changed Cinderella's silver gown and Belle's gold gown into plain old blue and yellow dresses, respectively. The originals are so much more elegant and pleasant to look at. The sparkles of Cindy's gown and the shiny, silky look to Belle's gown look so beautiful in the animation.
AudreyFreak commented…
Agreed!! Tbh Belle's I mind less, I prefer pale yellow on her to gold, but you're right- it's less iconic. Cinderella's they seemed to make blue because girls prefer it to silver but her coloring is too similar to Aurora's (which is also wrong). il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an LMH5113 said…
I don't really mind the live-action remake trend and actually enjoy them.
MaidofOrleans commented…
I didn't mind it at first, but I'm starting to get a bit tired of it mainly because I wish Disney would be putting all that time and energy towards new original projects. But I still think they are fun and am especially excited for Mulan :D il y a plus d’un an
Some belated Belle confessions for POTM November:

Belle is my favorite and most relatable DP, I love that she's as much of a bookworm as I am <3 <3 <3

I ship BellexElsa - they would make such an adorable couple! Elsa is similar to the Beast in that she sees herself as a monster, and I think Belle would see through her icy exterior to the loving person who is inside.

I wish Belle had some character development :( It's the only thing I dislike about her character.

Instead of the crappy midquels like Enchanted Christmas and Belle's Magical world, I reeeaaally want a well-done sequel where Belle finally gets the amazing adventure she always longed for.
And some Cinderella confessions for POTM December:

Cindy used to be my least favorite until I re-watched her movie and realized I had been basing my opinion off the labels of "doormat" and "damsel in distress" that I'd heard thrown around. So glad I took the time to reevaluate her character! She's so strong and amazing.

I ship CinderellaxTiana - they would make such an amazing power couple and no one can convince me otherwise <3

Cindy deserves a better prince.

Totally random, but I want Cindy to meet a nice cat who will love her and make up for Lucifer always being mean. I actually have plans to write a short fanfic where this happens XD
il y a plus d’un an AudreyFreak said…
-Lea Salonga does not suit Mulan's voice or sound anything remotely like Ming Na, and Idina suits Elsa for speaking but not singing.

-I loved Elsa more in Frozen 2 but I was pretty surprised by not only how selfishly she acted but how the movie yet again totally brushes it off. (Not surprisingly, Anna's mistake gets brought up every chance they get 🙄). She doesn't apologize either and that's even worse.

-I think a lot of Tiana and Mulan fans don't actually watch their own faves' movies because many Tia fans think her workaholism is a GOOD thing, and also think for some reason she'd hate the feminine DPs like Cinderella despite-you know- her best friend being one. And Mulan fans as a whole for years have for some reason thought she's this tough, snarky, untouchable superwoman who despises girly girls and marriage and flips the bird at patriarchy. I think Mulan can be stubborn but she's also pretty modest.

-speaking of Mulan, I don't know why she gets negatively compared to other DPs so much to prove how much more competent she is. None of them have war training so it's a bizarre comparison, and anyway pre-training Mulan couldn't even memorize a short verse or pour tea without mishaps. How would have fared in Snow's position or whatever? That's not an attack, just something I wish people considered.

-Pocahontas deserves more credit for stopping a war

-Naveen gets a lot of hate for the same reasons people like or ignore in Flynn

-Anna isn't stupid, she's pretty quick thinking and has some surprising knowledge (how to make a fire, and where did she learn about ships having secret compartments??).

-the fairies, Aurora and Phillip deserve more merch. I'm tired of the only SB merch having Maleficent!

-Thor is an underrated Disney Princess
BB2010 commented…
That was my biggest problem with La Reine des Neiges 2. I know in La Reine des Neiges one of the trolls a dit “people make bad choices when they’re mad, scared, ou stressed” and it’s like, yeah that’s true but toi should still always apologize for making those bad choices. I never get why people say Tianan would hate some of the princesses because they’re feminism ou because they’re princesses ou whatever. Look at her best friend Charlotte, are toi kidding me? And I agree, Thor is an underrated Disney Princess :p il y a plus d’un an
BB2010 commented…
*Tiana and feminine. Sorry autocorrect il y a plus d’un an
magicworld_88 commented…
i agree with everything :) mostly SB merch and thor is a Disney princess XD il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an magicworld_88 said…
sad
the Hans cameo in frozen 2 really sadden me because few month before i had finally read that book " a frozen heart" and Hans backstory is dark severe bullying emotional and physical abuse by his brothers. his father is the one that encourage his sons to bully Hans and abuse him he is also emotionally abusive there is at a moment mention of self harm to help Hans deal with his environment his mother do nothing this is imply she is alcoholic so it did sadden that they continue with the inside joke lets punch/smash Hans/ when he is not a threat anymore because this is funny.

it give me a feeling even if Hans is a fictional character of "lets bully a character we write as victim of severe bullying in the franchise" i m saying that because he even has a special cameo in big hero where his statue was destroyed for fun and previously there was the frozen fever cameo who was funny because Hans take a snowball and fall in Horse manure , the punch who was funny in frozen 1 ( but then the book didn't exist in frozen 1) , and now the Hans statue in frozen 2 who is also suppose to be funny because Hahaha Elsa smash his statue. in theater i didn't really saw Elsa destroying Hans statue because he hurt her sister but i really saw more Disney continuing with their inside joke. and the fact that Elsa giggle and have positive feeling toward the duke in the sequence support my main feeling. so i find that really unnecessary.

its may appear as silly or overreaction because Hans is yeah a villain i just wish they will better communication in the frozen franchise toward Hans not give him this kind of backstory when the director and screenwriter just want to use him as a punching bag to laugh in movies because then too me its sucks. the thing is that i have also saw on tumblr a recent BD exposing Anna , Elsa , Kristoff happy childhood and Hans unhappy childhood and again several people saw it as "funny joke to mock Hans" again so i really hope they are wrong and Disney is not justifying childhood abuse/neglect because this is Hans he hurt Anna and try to kill Elsa.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
 the Hans cameo in La Reine des Neiges 2 really sadden me because few mois before i had finally read that book " a
Some Snow White confessions for POTM:

Snow White has a beautiful singing voice!

I headcannon that Snow and the Prince had actually met before the scene at the well, and were already in love. She just ran away because he was approaching her so openly and she was worried the Queen would see and punish one or both of them for it.

Snow White's dress would look much better if it was primarily red.

I wish we knew more about Snow White's past, what happened to her parents, how her relationships were with the other palace staff, etc. I think it could be really interesting to learn more about her childhood and how she remained so hopeful and optimistic.
disnerdtobe commented…
I l’amour your headcanon! il y a plus d’un an
magicworld_88 commented…
I have the same headcanon for snow white and the prince^^ il y a plus d’un an
When Miguel sang Remember Me to Coco, I CRIED. I mean I CRIED. Not only was the scene beautiful, it also touched me in a personal way. You see, I watched Coco for the first time ever 4 days after I had to say goodbye to my dog, Rocky, and when this scene came on, the tears were comin' out like a waterfall. I honestly think PIXAR outdid themselves with this one. Don't get me wrong, my all time favorite movie is still the first Toy Story, but this certain scene was one for the books.
I wish Disney would stop introducing every single LGBTQ+ character, claiming it to be “the first” (just an fyi, the real first was Lexington from Gargoyles, revealed in the canon comics), and then barely give them any lines or screen time! In fact, the one from Onward only has a couple minutes of screen time and only a few lines AND she looks like THAT. I mean I know this is a fantasy world, but did they really need to make her look like an actual monster while the main leads look almost human?
A year and a half ago, I was going through a troubled time. After dinner with some family one night, we're heading back and I hear Christy Carlson Romano's version of Colors Of The Wind playing. (My aunt likes the Disney Mania soundtracks.) As the song is playing, I see a firetruck drive by us. No sirens on. Probably just some firemen running errands or something. As I saw that, I remember trying my hardest not to cry, and at the same time, I found it beautiful. I know what you're thinking, "That's alittle odd, don't you think?", but when you're going through a troubling time in your life, there's nothing else that seems right. <3