Princesses Disney Unpopular Disney opinions (confessions)

viktoriya773 posted on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:53PM
Post your unpopular Disney opinion here. Express your opinion about not only DP but Disney in general. Please be respectful about each other's opinions and don't bash someone because of it. Say "I disagree/agree with you because..." I'm sure everyone is mature enough to handle it.

Princesses Disney 810 réponses

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 651-700 of 810

il y a plus d’un an Sparklefairy375 said…
I hope Disney made more movies like Zootopia in the future. It was realistic and contains some sarcasm with the reality and issues in this world nowadays.
deedragongirl commented…
I have to agree on this! il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an deedragongirl said…
meh
I don't know whether this is unpopular or not, but I might as well say it, I wish Sandy Powell will be the costume designer for Beauty and the Beast, she's perfect with Cinderella.
Sparklefairy375 commented…
I agree that Belle's yellow ballgown is not as gorgeous as Cinderella's, but at least they choose the Academy Award winner costume designer for BATB. il y a plus d’un an
I think it's pretty ridiculous when peoples compared a Disney remake with the animated version like, "OMG the actress/actor looks nothing like the animated character one." or "Look at the costumes, it's nothing like the originals." They forgot that in fact there are no person who looks 100% like the animated characters. And also yes, the remake have to be similar with the animated version, but it's not supposed to be an exact replica. They have to made at least a few difference with the animated version. If they made it 100% looks like the animated version, then the remake would be NOTHING MORE than a theater version with peoples who cosplaying those characters.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an MalloMar said…
I think Zootopia is a well made and technically great movie with a good message, but its not something I plan on seeing again. I enjoyed it, but...that's it.
MalloMar commented…
Pretty much, I feel that it's characters were 'done before' but put in a different story, and I didn't find much of the humor funny, though I can genuinely say I liked the sloths. il y a plus d’un an
MalloMar commented…
So, good movie, maybe just not my cup of tea? il y a plus d’un an
MalloMar commented…
Yeah, I guess this is why we have this forum. I can rewatch most of the animated classics and l’amour them every time. il y a plus d’un an
I disagree wholeheartedly with what Nostalgia Critic had to say about 2015 Cinderella, he thinks that Ella is very passive. My opinions are the opposite to be honest!
MalloMar commented…
I quite liked that video, that is, if toi watched the Old vs. New video. I didn't see any real hate coming form it either. Though the new movie was nice to look at, I much prefer the original and it's heroine. I mean, Cendrillon wasn't perfect, but she at least tried to get out of her situation. But you're free to like what toi like and it isn't my place to force my opinion on you. :) il y a plus d’un an
MalloMar commented…
*From il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an MalloMar said…
heart
Now, I've never really had an organized top (insert number) Disney movies list, but I pretty much have an idea of which Disney movies I enjoy the most. Maybe I could attempt a list now.
Anyway, if I ever did do a favorite Disney movies list, I would probably include Tinkerbell and the Legend of the Neverbeast. If you read my wall post, obviously I loved it and was genuinely surprised by it's maturity and story line.
It happens with me too. There are many Disney films that I like, and can't decide which one is my most favorite. il y a plus d’un an
Kayley from Quest for Camelot is a rip-off of Belle, especially in her appearance.
Out of all songs in Beauty and the Beast 2017 soundtrack, I love Celine Dion's How Does A Moment Last Forever for the most, even more than Ariana Grande/John Legend's theme song.
deedragongirl commented…
I l’amour Celine Dion and Ariana Grande equally, but no ones beats the original like Celine! (No puns intended) il y a plus d’un an
I wish Gerry Butler was the Beast! He's perfect!
KataraLover commented…
Gerald Bulter can't sing to save his life il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an KataraLover said…
I've heard people say Ariel was stupid, just wanted a man, and an insult to the original Little Mermaid character but I disagree 100%. In my opinion, that description fits the original Little Mermaid better than it does Ariel. The Mermaid (I'll just call her that since she didn't have a name in the original story) didn't have that much of an interest in the human world, mild interest but not to the point where she'd desire to become human like Ariel. She fell for The Prince (Also without a name) for just his looks and nothing else and was willing to throw her life away for him. Ariel at least saw some things about Eric like his playfulness with Max, his love of music from playing the flute (or "the snarfblat"), he wasn't arrogant or conceited because he didn't care much for having a statue of himself but still was polite to Grim for giving it to him, she knew he wanted to marry for love and wanted someone adventurous, and saw how brave and selfless he was when he almost died trying to save Max. The Mermaid didn't know anything about The Prince other than his good looks but decided she must leave her family and become human just to be with him. Ariel had dreams of becoming human LONG before she saw Eric and even collected human things, so it wasn't all just for a man. Sure, there was the whole immortal soul thing with the original (which was a dumb plot point) but she only learned about that after she was already in love with the Prince and was really just a way of showing humans being superior creatures and all that crap. People say Ariel is a terrible role model that throws her life away for a man when really it was the original story that did that and was MUCH worse than anything the Disney movie did. I know I'll get hate for this but that's my opinion.
Both of Ariel and the original little mermaid are quite similar for me, imo. il y a plus d’un an
deedragongirl commented…
This I have to agree, I'm glad that somebody managed to shrug it off here! il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
Hmm. I agree with you, KL. I read Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid from time to time "just for the imagery" and to remind myself that as an author, "Hans" was "snubbed" par most of the "famous" authors of his time period, including Charles Dickens...I think? Anyway, I read the original tale for the imagery and to remind myself that the mermaid in the original story had a goal of using the mortal prince "to obtain an eternal soul," and "Hans" made it backfire on her, and she became a ghost for all eternity. At least in Disney's version, Ariel has less of an interest in using Eric, because she actually LOVES him, and I did not really feel like the mermaid in the original story, after going through all she went through, actually deserved the unduly ruthless punishment that "Hans" the auteur meted out. il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
Also, I happen to agree with the entirety of what Disnerdtobe said. It's really annoying to me that Merida gets praised for her choices, and her selfish qualities are seen as being "unique," while all Ariel gets is overt hatred and a smear campaign for simply wanting to change herself, like in the LGBT community. I think Howard Ashman, were he alive today, would be seriously upset with all of the Ariel hatred, considering that it was "his Ariel" that paved the way for Belle (Belle does not hold this credit ou distinction). Belle was modeled after Ariel with a few tweaks, and each of the spunky and independent heroines and princesses (both official and nonofficial) that Disney has created ever since resemble Ariel to some small degree. The hatred for Ariel really is nonsensical after toi sit down and list/name most Disney character traits, and find that they are Ariel traits. il y a plus d’un an
I feel that the "only" reason why peoples love/like Tiana is because she was very realistic in order to achieve her dreams (with work) not only just dreaming and hoping like some of previous princesses. It fits with current real life and it was considered as an inspiring thing. But beside that, I cannot found her good traits either, in personality she's really serious and tends to be unfriendly and somewhat rude, that's why I can't like her and she's one of my least favorite princess.
wavesurf commented…
^Sure. I see some of the things you're saying about Tiana. I basically think Tiana is severely nitpicky and judgmental of other people, and their life choices. Tiana thinks that her own life choices are superior. And that's why I think Tiana deserves the bottom of my list. il y a plus d’un an
^Wow, that's really random. il y a plus d’un an
AudreyFreak commented…
MDR what about that is "random", sparkle? il y a plus d’un an
I prefer Cinderella's 2015 dress over Belle's 2017 dress, It looks majestic!
That's not a really unpopular opinion. A lot of peoples prefer Cinderella's than Belle's. il y a plus d’un an
Cinderella doesn't dreaming for a prince/man. All she wants is just being free from her cruel step family. And she only ask a chance to the ball with the Fairy Godmother (a dress and pumpkin coach). She is just getting lucky with the prince that falling in love with her at the first sight and marry her.
il y a plus d’un an ace2000 said…
I like Mulan's appearance better in Mulan II than in Mulan.
 I like Mulan's appearance better in Mulan II than in Mulan.
She looks quite similar but a bit plus plain in the sequel for the decrease of animation quality. il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an beautybeastfan2 said…
I don't think it's fair that people criticize Ariel for what she did, but they're okay with what Merida did. They both made deals with witches.
I don't think peoples are okay with what Merida did. The fact that Merida is selfish bothers most peoples. But at least Merida apologize with what she did, but we don't see Ariel did the same thing. il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
Ariel most definitely DID apologize. She actually a dit to her father, "Daddy, I'm sorry.I didn't meant to! I didn't know!" Here is the actual movie script: Ursula: You're too late! You're too late! So long, loverboy. Eric: Ariel! [Ursula and Ariel go overboard.] Ursula: Poor little princess - it's not toi I'm after. I've a much bigger poisson to - Triton: Ursula, stop! Ursula: Why, King Triton! Ha ha ha - How ARE you? Triton: Let her go. Ursula: Not a chance, Triton! She's mine now. We made a deal. Ariel: Daddy, I'm sorry! I - I - I didn't mean to. I didn't know! -- Triton attacks the contract with a fierce blast from his trident, to no avail. il y a plus d’un an
AudreyFreak commented…
What Merida did was worse because she intentionally harmed Elinor. Ariel was very rash but she didn't intend to hurt anyone. However, Merida actually apologized sincerely for her selfishness and worked hard to fix the issue. il y a plus d’un an
I don't get why people hates Ariel's wardrobe, with mostly her pink ballgown and her wedding gown. I think her wardrobe is lovely.
wavesurf commented…
^It's part of hating Ariel. They hate the whole package. Her hair, her hair color, her personality, her decisions, her choices, her eyes, her mouth, her seashell bra, her human wardrobe, her dreams, her desires, etc., etc., etc. The haters all think Ariel should have stayed in the ocean with her hard-nosed dad who was a complete xenophobe, and who blew up all of Ariel's stuff to make his "point." They think Ariel needed to marry a merman, have merbabies, and remain a mermaid forever. You're really the outlier if toi don't hate something that's at all related to Ariel. toi like her wardrobe? Congrats. il y a plus d’un an
^Tbh although I somewhat disagree with her decision it doesn't mean I hate anything that related with her. I like her movie, I think she's pretty, and I l’amour her wardrobe. What I don't like from her is her attitude, only that. il y a plus d’un an
ace2000 commented…
Don't care for those gowns bc of the puffy sleeves, but I like her dresses that don't have puffy sleeves :) il y a plus d’un an
First of all, as many of you know, I'm one of the few people who actually likes the gargoyles from The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I don't think they take away from the more serious moments (Since they're in the movie for like 15 minutes or so) but I also hate how people lump them together as one character. When people talk about them, they don't talk about them as individual characters, despite having their own individual personalities, and doesn't that also go against one of the many messages of the movie that you shouldn't lump people together? The complaints I hear about them mainly just apply to Hugo and NOT Victor or Laverne.

I mean, Laverne herself has a lot more depth to her than a lot of comic relief's in Disney movies because she's not just a sarcastic, cranky, and tough old woman character but is also wise, caring, and acts like a grandmother to Quasi. While all of the gargoyles have human qualities (inside, not outside, obviously), Laverne is the most human with how she instantly knows what's bothering Quasi at the beginning of the movie and can show sympathy for him, despite being made of stone, which is usually associated with being cold and unfeeling (Like Frollo is, despite being human lol). She has a lot of funny lines but also has words of wisdom that encourage Quasi and will even show some tough love with lines like "These chains aren't what's holding you back, Quasimodo!" or after Quasi tells the gargoyles to leave him alone, they do, Victor says they're only made out of stone, and Laverne responds by saying "We just thought maybe you were made of something stronger." All of the bullets in the world can't compare to the shots of tough love from that line.

Plus their existence shows how Quasi turned out so kind and caring, despite being raised by Frollo, which Esmeralda even pointed out was odd. It's not like in something like Tangled where it's based on emotion instead of logic like fairy tales are meant to be since, in real life, Quasi wouldn't be like that with Frollo. This is meant to be a more realistic movie, despite talking gargoyles, but the movie does talk about Notre Dame like it's alive, even referring to it as a female. Besides, these characters are really harmless and aren't in the movie long enough for me to understand how they have produced so much passionate hatred in people or to ruin the serious moments. Just my personal opinion.
il y a plus d’un an BelleRose829 said…
I really don't like Belle's voice, it's really sharp and uh I guess piercing to me, much more so than Snow White's. In fact I think Snow White's voice is much sweeter. Sorry Paige O'Hara but your voice is a little much for me.
ace2000 commented…
I agree so much il y a plus d’un an
Belle's voice isn't the best, but Snow White's voice just sounds too nasal for me. il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an SarahCorine said…
It's not that I don't like Emma Watson, I think she did well enough in Harry Potter. I just don't think her acting was good enough to properly portray Belle. Belle is tied with Snow as my favorite princess so when they brought her to life, I am kinda bias in how I look at her. I think anyone would be if they make a live action of their favorite princess. I'm also quite fond of Once Upon a Time and I think Emile does an amazing job portraying Belle, so I may be unfairly comparing the two. I wish they could have somehow got Emile to portray Belle in the movie. I wonder why they didn't. For that matter, I think Kristen Stewart makes a horrible, just awful Snow White in every way.
wavesurf commented…
Not a fan of Emma Watson because her jouer la comédie is wooden. Even in the years since I saw clips of her in Harry Potter...Emma has not improved. When she's on screen, she's just "there." At this rate, she'll never reach the level of Glen Close, Kate Winslet, Cate Blanchett, nor Meryl Streep. But Kristen Stewart IS getting slightly better. I thought K-Stew was rather good in the movie "Equals." il y a plus d’un an
Some short unpopular opinions in one post xD
1. Despite being lack of screentime and personality, I think Aurora at least shown responsibility to duties.
2. I don't think Tiana and Naveen works well as a couple. They're really opposite and kind of forced as a couple.
3. I think it's funny when people complaining about the CGI Disney princesses are have huge eyes when some of the 2D Disney princesses/heroines such as Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Tiana, and others are actually have kind of large eyes.
wavesurf commented…
1. Agreed about Aurora. 2. Agreed. They clash and bicker all of the time. Their union and marriage at the end of the film is very weird and forced. 3. Except most of the 2D princesses with "huge eyes" also HAVE "faces" with "noticable cheeks, forehead, and a chin" to go with them. That's not really so with some of the CGI created ladies, who have a lot of "eyes" and less of a "face" overall, and therefore look very feline ou alien to me... il y a plus d’un an
BelleRose829 commented…
^Oh Laura you're misusing quotation marks again. il y a plus d’un an
BelleRose829 commented…
I agree about Aurora, but I actually think Naveen and Tia work perfectly as a couple. They both learn a little from each other, Naveen isn't lazy and useless anymore, and Tiana learns to have fun and live a little. They work together and work off of each other. They're definitely opposites, but I think that's what makes them cute, though admittedly not as cute as say Rapunzel and Flynn. Anna and Elsa's eyes take up about 40% of their face, at least Ariel's and Tiana's are closer to 20% of their face. il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
@Olivia: Really. I see toi do a lot of not so great grammar stuff yourself. The pot calling the kettle black, much? il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an WinterSpirit809 said…
I don't like Elsa's new dress for Olaf's Frozen Adventure. Everyone is talking about how amazing it is, but it's just Ice Dress 3.0 to me. I'm serious, if they can create Anna a new dress each time, can't they do the same for Elsa, instead of recoloring the same one to fit the theme? The colors looked good on Elsa, yes, but I just don't like it. It's not me hating on Elsa either. I dislike Anna's dress.

Anna's just doesn't fit her personality. It's a cute dress, but it's much more mature and sophisticated than she is imo.
Maybe because Elsa was known as the Snow Queen so they are use similar design of her dress (blue and sparkly), and I don't think it's just recolored from her ice dress It has some difference like feathers on the shoulder. il y a plus d’un an
I feel that the 1950 Cinderella is very passive, considering she has less screen time.
I think Cendrillon has enough screentime and she is not really passive. That description fits Aurora plus than her imo. il y a plus d’un an
BelleRose829 commented…
^Agreed. il y a plus d’un an
I have a feeling that the live-action Belle has some changes to made her character fits well with Emma Watson's personality. Like how Belle seems so feminist (as the animated Belle isn't that feminist, and EW is one of the most feminist actress), how they made her as an inventor instead (this is a request from EW), and how Belle isn't wear corset and wear boots instead of flat/heels.
 I have a feeling that the live-action Belle has some changes to made her character fits well with Emm
Yeah, Emma wore boots to represent plus proactive Belle, and she refuse to wear corset as she didn't want to portray Belle as a “corseted, impossible idea of female beauty." il y a plus d’un an
AudreyFreak commented…
MDR Emma is most definitely not "the most feminist actress". She's not any kind of feminist. She distances herself from all her female coworkers, makes every convo about herself, does nothingto aid women's charities ou anything actually helpful to women. il y a plus d’un an
After much speculations, Emma Watson and Dan Stevens use auto-tunes.
il y a plus d’un an magicworld_88 said…
Snow white is my least favorite princess and that s not because she is passive. I dont like her because she is too much authoritarian ! I see her as someone She wants to control everything !
Really? As I see she only act so bossy towards the seven dwarfs. il y a plus d’un an
cruella commented…
I have to respectfully disagree, as she is my favori princess. il y a plus d’un an
deedragongirl commented…
I'm sorry to tell you, but I beg to differ, she has a reason to do so. The seven dwarfs don't know ANYTHING about cleanliness. il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
Snow is bossy, but it is the bossy and motherly combination. Straight up bossiness devoid of l’amour ou respect is Tiana. If I'm picking between them, Snow White has a much nicer personality than Tiana's micromanaging demeanor. il y a plus d’un an
It kinda bothers me to found that Ariel and Jasmine are never be grateful with their entire life. They are lucky enough to have a good life (even before they met their princes), if compared with other princesses (which most of them have miserable and suffer life before their happy endings). They have family that loving them, but instead they abandoning them for a prince or outside world.
wavesurf commented…
Craving "adventure" is different from loving your family. One does not have to be "secrificed" for the other--- not unless the parent decides that it is "their way ou the highway." When I look at Ariel and Jasmine, I don't see ungrateful princesses. I see women who have grown up, and "out of that maturity" they now want a different life from the one they used to have as children. Ariel and jasmin are not children anymore, and they should not be treated like children typically are: lectured and reprimanded. Ariel and jasmin are now adults. Adults make their own life decisions. Leaving accueil and getting married are decisions that adults make. il y a plus d’un an
Yes they are not child anymore, but toi have to know that they are teenagers. When someone grown up from a child to a teen age it does not mean they're fully adult yet. Teenagers are already mature yet in terms of physically look, but in mentality and personality they are not. They are sometimes childish and self-centered, and it's natural. That's why teenagers are gathered at different groups from the adult group. In terms of Ariel and Jasmine's cases they are not in the right place. Except maybe jasmin is slightly plus tolerateable. Yes, leaving accueil and getting married are decisions that adults make, but they are actually not mature enough for a marriage. il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
^Oh, I see. toi raised the issue about "ungratefulness" from your perspective, and I "answered" it from the opposite perspective. If you're just going to use my reply to accuse me of "overdefending," when toi do the EXACT SAME THING---then forget about it. il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an mhs1025 said…
I think Emma Watson portrayed Belle PERFECTLY! When I heard about her taking on this part, I had no doubt in my mind that she would mess it up. And I was right! She brought the perfection to a T!
I definitely agree! il y a plus d’un an
Gaston is the inspiration for Caledon 'Cal' Hockley!
wavesurf commented…
^LOL. Yeah. I've thought that for years.... il y a plus d’un an
Mulan is really odd-looking with makeup (that makeup looks like something that clown would use). She looks better in natural look, even I prefer her look as Ping over her with makeup.
wavesurf commented…
^Same. il y a plus d’un an
Rathcliffe reminds me of King Leopold II of Belgium, because these 2 men exploited both Virginia and Congo for their own personal gains.
I recently finished to watch 2017 Beauty and the Beast (well, previously unfinished to watch it) and here's some of my thoughts about it:

1. I love how they made this movie is way more deep and detailed (in terms of story) and not only focused to Belle and Beast's relationship. How they add Belle and her father's past and how they lost Belle's mom, why the Beast was a snob and selfish, how peoples are forgetting about Beast, they revealed it all. It stayed to the original movie but way more deeper, and also add some new side story and improvisation.
2. Belle's characteristic is better than the animated. She's not only read all the time, she made new invention and she seems more quick-thinking, caring, and understanding. Thanks to Emma Watson for this and I love Belle even more after watch this.
3. Gaston reminds me with Mother Gothel; he's less arrogant like the animated one but he's way more cruel and he's manipulative.
4. The CGI of Beast and the servants are still looks creepy but besides theirs, the CGI looks fine. Be Our Guest scenes is dazzling~
5. I think the songs are a bit too many. Songs with various singers like both of Belle and Gaston songs are well-done. Emma Watson is actually can sing, although I'm sure it's her first time sing in the movie that she starred.
6. The ballroom scene is kinda disappointed. It's my favorite scene from animated one, but in here it's nothing special.
7. The ending scene is really touching and beautiful :3

Overally, Beauty and the Beast stayed as one of my favorite Disney live-action remakes, tied with Cinderella <33 I hope Disney will made remakes like them with other movies. Remakes that stay to the original story with a little of change :P
deedragongirl commented…
Regarding Gaston, I must agree! il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an magicworld_88 said…
i really don't like the moral in maleficent i really hate the movie for a lot of reason but the moral break my heart. i really don't know how to explain well , i hope i m clear and my english is not too bad
the movie say us that nothing is more powerful than motherly love true love don't come all the time from the prince , and that maleficent learn love and not hate , she is an adoptive mother to aurora ect;;;
i don't like it because maleficent is not her mother ! she curse the princess !
the queen give her daughter under the protection of the fairies. this sacrifice served no purpose maleficent was nice during the whole movie she like aurora she protect her , maleficent basically whitout know it steal aurora from her true mother.
! i don't want to twist the moral but this is how i feel : from the queen point of view the movie say it fine if someone try to curse your baby and force you to hide your daughter away because she will change her mind and become her true mother while you will be dead sorry this is the life ! t aurora has no reason to be in forest. the only reason she is send in the cartoon is because maleficent want her DEAD they alrealdy burn all the spindle wheel at the castle maleficent was the only threat ! but in the movie no and she give the solution !

I'm actually okay with Maleficent. It's not as good as other Disney remakes, and some changes aren't fits well like Aurora's father being a villain and the Prince being useless. But Maleficent as a character is better than in animated version, at least she didn't curse a princess just because she wasn't invited to the party. il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
I like Maleficent in the remake better than in the original. In the original, Maleficent's motives are totally overkill and not even well-explained. il y a plus d’un an
magicworld_88 commented…
i respect your opinion but for me maleficent has nothing in common with the original she has the name the outfit and that's al ! say that the live action is better is little weird.. in the cartoon there are a lot of thing that define her the movie they throw out of the window everything that define maleficent in the original ! but that's just my opinion il y a plus d’un an
I absolutely hated the new portrait of Prince Adam when he was a boy in the 2017 Beauty and the Beast, he looks like Draco Malfoy's ancestor.
PrincessAyeka12 commented…
Well I don't remember the portrait but I cœur, coeur Draco Malfoy. il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an MaidofOrleans said…
Shiny is a fantastic song.
I think it's kinda cheesy though, but it's your opinion :) il y a plus d’un an
princesslullaby commented…
that's my favori song from moana along with we know the way il y a plus d’un an
I think Frozen haters are becoming more annoying than the never ending hype and promotion Frozen got ever was. I say this as someone who is a former hater of Frozen. Now that the hype has died down a considerable amount and therefore isn't clouding my judgement, I think it's a great movie. Is it perfect? No, but very few (If any) movies are. The haters nowadays are really getting annoying because even with the hype not being as massive, they won't stop acting like it's the worst thing Disney ever made, which it's far from being.
I have always can't stand with La Reine des Neiges haters, ever! Hating something because it's overrated is not a good thing. Don't toi ever realize that La Reine des Neiges hype are going down now? il y a plus d’un an
deedragongirl commented…
Those haters are just painfully eyesore!!! il y a plus d’un an
AudreyFreak commented…
The ones who are salty about "those basic white girls!!!" getting plus attention than whoever their faves are are the worst. A lot of haters are so entitled. il y a plus d’un an
I don't think that The Princess and the Frog is the reason that Disney stopped making 2D animated films because they did release another one afterwards with the 2011 version of Winnie the Pooh. That movie did pretty good critically but not as good as The Princess and the Frog did. However, it was a pretty big box office disappointment where as The Princess and the Frog did fairly well at the box office, though not as well as Disney wanted. So I would blame Winnie the Pooh for there not being any new hand-drawn animated films from Disney much more than I would blame The Princess and the Frog. Hell, it actually started an age of critical and financial successes for Disney with the Revival era. I would also blame that the dumbasses at Disney are playing it too safe with 3D and not 2D, even though I do think there is a prejudice against hand drawn films. But the main fault certainly wasn't The Princess and the Frog AT ALL and it's not exactly Winnie the Pooh's fault either. It's the fault of the dumbasses at Disney that are afraid to take a risk with 2D because of the post-Renaissance era where they did very poorly. Nothing against 3D but we need some variety by having some more 2D animated movies from Disney.
MalloMar commented…
Agree with all of this. :) il y a plus d’un an
I don't get what all the hate towards Tiana or her movie is. Yes, she's a workaholic but you need to take into consideration the time period where she had to work two waitress jobs her whole life and only got about a few seconds of sleep. Besides, the movie doesn't show her perspective as completely wrong because she forgot to follow another piece of her father's advice, to never lose sight of what was really important, love and letting herself enjoy life. She became distant with friends of hers because as one of them put it "All you ever do is work!" But she's never rude about it to anyone, except Naveen but he really deserved it. He hadn't worked once his entire life and believed her and everyone in life should serve him on a silver platter. She's not just a role model because she works hard, she's also a role model because she shows people that you shouldn't lose sight of things like friends, family, and letting yourself enjoy life a little. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, after all. She has flaws that she has to overcome and she's not always shown as in the right with her beliefs and actions. I also admire that she doesn't ask her best friend for money and would prefer to earn it instead of taking advantage of their friendship. While I don't expect everyone to love or like her, I personally have always felt that a lot of the hate she gets was just really nitpicky and grasping as straws. But no character is for everybody after all.

The movie has gorgeous animation with a lot of colors, lighting, shading, beautiful backgrounds, great designs, creativity, and amazing magic effects. The songs fit the movie perfectly and are so charming and memorable like a classic Disney movie, the characters are likable and memorable, the villain is awesome with a lot of creativity, the romance is good (not great), there's more originality here than with most fairy tale and Disney Princess movies, the humor is hilarious and doesn't feel forced or gimmicky, it doesn't rely on what's popular but instead what's timeless, and it's absolutely engaging in my personal opinion. Like I said, you can't please everybody, so I don't expect everyone to like or love this movie just because I do. I just feel like people get nitpicky because it tried to be like classic Disney while also having more originality to that formula. However, that's just my opinion and people are allowed to have different opinions. I personally just think (While I do love them and I'm NOT hating) that it should've gotten MIUCH more praise and attention than Tangled or Frozen did.
wavesurf commented…
TPATF movie itself is not exciting, but rather bland in my view. Based on other " 2D adventures" that were not box office hits -- Tarzan ou Hercules--- TPATF just was duller than they were in terms of plotline, and didn't seem to have characters that audiences immediately loved, aside from Charlotte. Some people didn't like the voodoo element, either. And on a personal level, I didn't like "my own African American representation" distilled down to an angry African American girl working two jobs "just to make ends meet" in order to realize her dreams. Again, this was Disney promoting the American Double Standard: White people are better, wealthier, have plus advantages-- and in order to achieve anything like what they have, the African American population ( Tiana) has to become a workaholic zombie to reach the same level. il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
Does that not scream double standard to you? Yes, Tiana has White and Latina fans among her fanbase, but very, very, very few African American fans. TPATF is NOT a flattering movie, and I do find Tiana "rude" and "mean" towards rayon, ray the firefly, and dismissive of Naveen and Mama Odie, all in her efforts to reach "the same level" of advantages as Lottie has. I'm African American, yes. But Tiana? No thanks. Not every African American should be relegated to an angry, passive-aggressive person because we "have had it hard." There's no excuse to be what Tiana is: self-righteous and without compassion. And as for 3D, I don't think the 3D of the revival era has fared any better than the 2D from Disney. The backlash is on everything, not necessarily one thing. il y a plus d’un an
coolsinger198 commented…
Agreed. il y a plus d’un an
I don't think Tiana is that pretty. She is the most plain out of all DPs. Others have their own unique of beauty but she's not IMO.
wavesurf commented…
Tiana is cute...at least? I think she is plain-looking, yes, but not the most plain of all! I mean, Tiana resembles Belle a great deal. They have the exact same facial features, except for the nose, the hair, and the eye color. Belle ( on whom Tiana is based par the way she is drawn) certainly isn't ugly at all, nor is she breath-takingly beautiful ( the gorgeous one is Babette's two-second facial features in the actual movie). Belle's smile isn't gorgeous, but it doesn't need to be. Tiana's main problem is that she literally scowls so much throughout TPATF, and a constant frowny face puts me off. Even Belle doesn't actually spend nearly that much face-time frowning. The other official princess who scowls way too much is Merida, but I digress... il y a plus d’un an
AudreyFreak commented…
Is this unpopular? It's Belle, Ariel, jasmin and Rapunzel who get called beautiful way plus il y a plus d’un an
I think the idea of Prince Anders (new character played by Billy Magnussen in Aladdin live action) to be Aladdin’s rival to winning over Princess Jasmine’s heart is really that UN-necessary.
il y a plus d’un an cruella said…
angry
I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but it's something I've been wanting to say for a while. Here goes...Don Rosa comics are HIGHLY overrated and most of the fans are EXTREMELY annoying! I'm not going to say it's technically the worst version of Scrooge, (that's probably the House of Mouse one, where they made him one-dimensionally greedy and stupid) but his personality is way too harsh and he has almost no redeeming qualities. I don't see what's so likable about an anti-hero who treats his family like garbage, why are we rooting for this jerk? And don't get me started on the fans, so many Rosa fans will out right attack you, if you say anything negative about Rosa's Scrooge or comics. I just got ganged up on in the comment section of a DuckTales video for saying I didn't like his work!

Sorry for the rant. And I am not trying to say you shouldn't like those comics just because I don't. Nor, am I saying that all Rosa fans are like that, I do have some friends who are fans of his. But it just seems likes there's a huge percentage of his fans that can't stand you having a different opinion than theirs' and I'm just tired of getting attacked for my opinion.
wavesurf commented…
I know nothing about Don Rosa, so there is that. But I can speak to the following. So often, if toi say something that "pricks" the conscience of the person, this elicits "an attack of you" par them. If toi say a character is mean, ou cruel, ou perhaps "not on the pedestal" where most people place them...you will indeed get a nasty attack on your personality, your opinions, and your choices. Unfortunately, there simply aren't many options left to toi in such a case. toi either decide to reverse your stance and retract your opinions; toi begin to praise the same character that everyone else praises, and vilify the same character/person everyone hates; ou toi hold your ground even when nobody wants to hear about what toi have to say, and toi let yourself get attacked par everyone. il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
Believe me, I know all too well what this cycle is like. I've endured it for years upon years upon years. My conseil is to stand your ground, Cruella. toi don't have to kow-tow to "the crowd." If other's belief systems run counter to your own morals, toi have to disagree with them, but also find a way to live with yourself without giving up who toi are to do so. il y a plus d’un an
cruella commented…
@wavesurf Don Rosa is a very populaire Disney comic author/artist. In my personal opinion he pretty much ruined Scrooge's character, since he turned him into a villainous, anti-hero. But that version is somehow very popular, despite not having many redeeming qualities. Anyway thanks for the encouragement, I don't plan on changing my mind just because they claim I'm wrong. il y a plus d’un an
Honestly I enjoy and prefer Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (and also its sequel) more than the 1951 animated Alice in Wonderland one (I don't know if I have weird taste or what?). The characters are interesting, maybe LA Alice is not so much (she sometimes feel too modern for a female in that era though), but others like Mad Hatter, Red and White Queen are interesting enough. The story is more developed in a better way for me.
Meanwhile the only thing that makes me like the animated movie is how sweet and curious Alice is. And she's the only interesting character in that movie. Most of other characters are annoying (except of Alice's sister and cat, and the white rabbit).
 Honestly I enjoy and prefer Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland (and also its sequel) plus than the 1951
wavesurf commented…
I also tended to like Tim Burton's remake of Alice, plus than the original cartoon. But maybe, that's because the plotline of the original cartoon was kind of dull. il y a plus d’un an
Yeah, I think so too. il y a plus d’un an
^I think they might be add some political things to made the movie looks plus mature and to appeal adult audiences. And I agree about Red Queen being the only insane character though. il y a plus d’un an
I don't get why people find Anna likeable. I found she is silly and annoying. Her clumsiness and awkwardness felt soooo forced and not funny at all, even some of previous princesses when act awkwardly like Ariel's and Mulan's are felt more natural and funnier than her.
Many peoples are too focused with Elsa's fatal flaws, but barely anyone realize how Anna is actually also give the big contribution with most of bad situations happen in the kingdom. All Elsa did is just freeze the kingdom, otherwise she's just running away and stay in her ice castle. Instead Anna constantly FORCE Elsa to bless her marriage plan with Hans, made her accidentally reveal her ice power and freeze the kingdom. Anna didn't care with any of Elsa's obvious reason why she refuse to bless them, instead she told Elsa to just bless them in the name of true love. Oh my, what kind of true love that you have with a man you just met that day? Also, Anna insists that Hans stays behind to rule during her absence, what is more reckless than trust a stranger to rule your kingdom when you left for a while? Which made everything is going to be worse. Hans betrays her, plans to kill Elsa and take the throne as the ruler of the kingdom.
But I guess her flaws are covered with her character being a stereotypical type of heroine, being optimistic and cheerful, so peoples would though she's way more positive and better than Elsa.
MalloMar commented…
I don't know. From what I've seen a lot of people dislike Anna. I somewhat like her, despite her being too trusting and an airhead. I like that she actually tries to fix her problems, unlike Elsa who just shuts herself away and mopes. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Elsa, I just think she doesn't do much to il y a plus d’un an
MalloMar commented…
Help the situation. But I can understand why Anna is unpopular, regardless of my opinion. il y a plus d’un an
princesslullaby commented…
^agree with wavesurf. but i don; il y a plus d’un an
I was initially very happy that all the princesses will be in Wreck it Ralph 2, but after sometimes I just became skeptical as to how they will contribute to the film itself.
I find it annoying how when people act like the main requirement to play a live-action version of a Disney character should be that they look like them. So apparently being talented and capturing the spirit of the character isn't the most important? Yes, when casting, an actor should look a certain way, but their looks can't be the only deciding factor. I mean, look at Glenn Close as Cruella De Vil. Does she look like Cruella? No, because the only ones who have cheek bones like hers are either people with butchered Botox or people who have been dead long enough for their skin to decay and only have their skull remaining. Glenn not only captured the spirit of Cruella and gave a great performance, she absolutely WAS Cruella. Even people who don't like that movie absolutely ADORE Glenn Close as Cruella De Vil. I don't mean to be rude but it bugs me when people say "Not so and so! They don't look like whoever at all!" I really don't care if they don't look like them because I prefer that they have talent and can capture the spirit of the character. Just my personal opinion.
I think it would be a great move if Disney decide to remaking any of their unpopular movies instead of only focused to remake popular movies. Doesn't mean that remaking popular movies were wrong, but there are some that did well (like Cinderella and Jungle Book) and some that might be disappointed and not as good or iconic as the animated one (ex: Beauty and the Beast; some found it good but some others aren't, and the unnecessary upcoming Lion King remake; oh why need to remake an animated movie full of animals?). I think some movies like Hunchback of Notre Dame, Black Cauldron, and Atlantis are have good potential to be good remake.

Unless, in other side it might be won't appeal audiences in general to watch, unlike brighter Disney fairytale movies like Cinderella, Aladdin, etc.
MaidofOrleans commented…
I heard rumors of a live action Black Cauldron remake! il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
Hmm. A remake of The Black Cauldron? That's interesting... il y a plus d’un an
Merida looks like a young Anakin Skywalker in drags!!
cruella commented…
MDR I guess I can see that a little. Both of them have very baby faces that don’t really look like an adult of either sex. il y a plus d’un an
deedragongirl commented…
^^ Omygosh, your last statement makes my day! il y a plus d’un an
mhs1025 commented…
Anakin in ROTS, though, oh my god! <3 What a heartthrob!!! il y a plus d’un an
Moana is the type of Disney stereotypical heroine that was likeable enough, but I think she has the least adventures and conflicts compare to other princesses, either with villains or any other characters.
She didn't really have any conflict, or any miserable past. She has nice family that understanding her enough except her father is being a bit strict (but not too much like Triton and Elinor). She only needs more time to get along with Maui, just that.
All of her villains are even not real evil, one is actually a friend that gets mad and some minor villains are doesn't even looks like villain.
The movie itself too, it's like the movie only show us the beautiful animation, soundtrack, and Moana/Maui's journey. For the plot, just copy some parts of previous Disney movies.

Well, I still like Moana (both movie and character), but I like it less than before. And I though the movie is a bit boring.
wavesurf commented…
^Disnerdtobe raised this same issue several posts ago, in this thread. I agreed with Disnerdtobe, that Moana lacks a real motive for what she is doing. And like toi have said, there just isn't much conflict in the movie at all. Moana is nice, but she's not one of my favorites. I like Esmeralda, Kidagakash, and Megara plus than Moana. il y a plus d’un an
^Yeah I know she already made that confession here, but I add some of my own perspective here il y a plus d’un an
AudreyFreak commented…
I like Moana but... She's sort of forgettable. I can't put my finger on why. il y a plus d’un an
MalloMar commented…
I gotta say, the reason i like the movie so much is the setting and music. I cant get enough of those lovely islands and endless ocean. its all animated so beautifully.I adore the musique too. So yeah, I have to agree that it's not incredibly memorable character wise, and sort of follows the "modern Disney movie formula.'' But it'll always be a guilty pleasure of mine because of that setting. :) il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an AdelitaI said…
1. My favorite Disney movie is Pocahontas. Pocahontas is my favorite Disney herone and Governor Ratcliffe is my favorite Disney villain.
2. In my opinion Tangled is better than Frozen.
3. In my opinion Princess and the Frog is better than Frozen.
4. I love Tiana and don't really like Belle, Elsa or Mulan.
5. In my opinion Cinderella, Aurora, Arielle and Elsa overrated are not as gorgeous in looks as many think. I find them to be beautiful( like all princesses) but not as gorgeous as people say. None of them is in my TOP-5 prettiest princesses.
6. In my opinion Tiana and Mulan are more beautiful than many think and more beautiful than those whom I listed in 5.
7. I don't find Maleficent interesting and I don't really like her.
8. I don't like the idea of live-action remakes.
Just my opinion, I respect different.
I disagree with most of these, but this is your opinion. And wow, there are not many peoples who made Pocahontas as their favori Princess. Your opinion about how PATF and Raiponce better than La Reine des Neiges isn't that unpopular, most peoples have the same though with you. il y a plus d’un an
AdelitaI commented…
Seriously? I can believe that many people think that Raiponce is better. But PATF? It's probably the least populaire DP movie, isn't it? il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
^ That's my point. People DO KNOW who Tiana IS, and they know that she's Disney's first and only African American princess ( POC stans???) and they know her for having the "realistic" non-magical job. Tiana's ethnicity and character traits are used par fans to codemn her predecessors, who were "only interested in romance." YUP. For Disney now treating romance with contempt, and for a fanbase that is generally annoying par promoting Tiana as some paragon of work ethic, I will still stick Tiana with the titled of "overrated" since all I hear is how "she is the best" along with Belle. Tiana's fans have basically made her appear overrated to me. il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an k35maiko said…
Do you guys think that Lilo & Stitch's Lilo is included in the disney Princess???
She has pretty black hair and nice smiling, good personality! I think that Lilo should be the represnative of PRINCESS!!:(
il y a plus d’un an PrincessAyeka12 said…
- Jasmine has the best wedding dress
- Aurora's skintone is weird
- Face characters are important, as is talent but age is not. Anne Hathaway will also be my Belle. I am not Ageist. I grew up in the 90's, where twenty-thirty year olds played teenagers. I never complained once. They were very good actors and actresses.
- Belle will never be Hermione Granger and Hermione Granger will never be Belle. Hermione is smarter than Belle. Emma Watson wasn't a good choice to play Belle. Her acting was wooden.
I only agree about Aurora's skintone, somehow her skin tone shown in very light rose color. Also about how age isn't the important aspect to play any specific character. il y a plus d’un an
deedragongirl commented…
I have to agree with the Emma Watson part. il y a plus d’un an
wavesurf commented…
Hmm. Anne Hathway has the face for Belle, but Evangeline Lily would have worked out, too. In my opinion, Emma Watson doesn't even resemble Belle much ( facially) at all. And Emma Watson's jouer la comédie was as wooden as in every single movie in which I've seen her. il y a plus d’un an