Critical Analysis of Twilight The CAT bibliothèque

laureng114 posted on Aug 12, 2009 at 02:18AM
Welcome to the CAT Library!

It has come to my attention that most, if not all, kittens are frequent book readers. Being a bookworm myself, I thought that it was time to start a CAT Library.

This is a place to add books, chat about favorites and make recommendations to others. As Augustine Birrell once said, "Libraries are not made; they grow." So even though our collection might start off small, it will hopefully grow to be the envy of the pop :)

*If anyone has any other creative names for the library feel free to mention them! I find myself to be in a sort of creative drought at the moment.*

[b]Welcome to the CAT Library![/b] It has come to my attention that most, if not all, chatons are
last edited on Aug 12, 2009 at 02:19AM

Critical Analysis of Twilight 57 réponses

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 57

il y a plus d’un an renrae said…
We'll need ot have a pick to settle on a name. Actually, our C.A.T. Headquarters bookshelf has some mighty fine books.

(What's REALLY funny is that you posted this as I was posting the CATHQ.
il y a plus d’un an laureng114 said…
I noticed that! I said to myself "Wow we have good timing!" Yes- I do talk to myself. No need to poke fun...
il y a plus d’un an huddysmacked said…
*pokes head*
*looks around there's no one that sees her*
*leaves a very well written book*
*goes out*

Well before I go out I need to say that this book is amazing and awesomely written. My favorite book in years.
It's about WW2 and it's narrated by The Death and although it sounds creepy it's a really sticky story. I dunno I am not good at makin summaries but just go buy it! And read it! XDD
last edited il y a plus d’un an
 *pokes head* *looks around there's no one that sees her* *leaves a very well written book* *goes o
I've read it! It is one of the best books that I have ever read about WW2. It's very symbolic and also very emotional. It gives you a lot to think about and I found myself thinking it over for weeks after I had read it. I also recommend it!
LOL yeah I know you laureng114... We were the only two persons hanging around the "Book Thief" spot XDD

Mmm.. ok another one I recommend
Good Awesome Mistery!! My favorite from Agatha's
 MDR yeah I know toi laureng114... We were the only two persons hanging around the "Book Thief" spot X
"We were the only two persons hanging around the "Book Thief" spot"

^Good times :)

OH! Every good library needs a dictionary.
 "We were the only two persons hanging around the "Book Thief" spot" ^Good times :) OH! Every go
And an encyclopedia!!

And an encyclopedia!!
il y a plus d’un an katiecain said…
These have the best place on my bookshelf so I shall add them to the CAT library for you all to enjoy. [A Series of Unfortunate Events]
 These have the best place on my bookshelf so I shall add them to the CAT bibliothèque for toi all to enjoy
Mmmm I know it's childish but I really enjoyed reading them XDDD They are so funny, and short so it's a quick reading...

It's a series I think it has like 9 books now XDDD It's called Dear Dumb Diary and it's written by Jim Benton

After all we always need the section for kids right?
 Mmmm I know it's childish but I really enjoyed lire them XDDD They are so funny, and short so it's
il y a plus d’un an spikes_girl said…
Every library needs some Suzanne Collins. It's a must.
 Every bibliothèque needs some Suzanne Collins. It's a must.
And the sequel, which doesn't come out till September but my mom already has a copy and I've read it. Teehee *boast, boast* But we can have it in our library.
 And the sequel, which doesn't come out till September but my mom already has a copy and I've read it.
His Dark Materials are a fantastic read! They're very complex but the whole story line is amazing. WARNING: They're very anti-Christian, and while some of my friends who are Christian and actually go to a Catholic school have read the books and find they love them and don't have a problem with it, some people have made huge deals about it. Personally, I think they kinda blow it out of proportion, but just a heads up. I wouldn't let it stop you from reading them though, they're great.
 His Dark Materials are a fantastic read! They're very complex but the whole story line is amazing. WA
Every CAT library needs the famous Harry Potter series!
 Every CAT bibliothèque needs the famous Harry Potter series!
il y a plus d’un an Myf_1992 said…
Well id have to add Anne Rice vampire chronicles, but they can be a bit heavy. For any teen out there Alex Rider series is always good.

I would like to second the recomendation of Harry Potter. :D

I have the book theif somewhere but havnt read it yet, is it any good?

I'm curious to see if anyone recommends Twilight.
 Well id have to add Anne riz vampire chronicles, but they can be a bit heavy. For any teen out there
big smile
As I have said time and time again I LOVE His Dark Materials. Okay so they are a bit anti-christian but hey, you have to take everything lightly. I agree - don't let it stop you from reading them: they are incredible. HARRY POTTER! You can't go wrong with that either.

I am going to add a vampire book. No, not the one you are thinking of... haha. I am adding Dracula. A classic that has been captivating readers for years and tells the story of how a REAL vampire should be.
 As I have a dit time and time again I l’amour His Dark Materials. Okay so they are a bit anti-christian b
*Just a question*
Has anyone read the Gregor the Overlander series by the Hunger Game's author Suzanne Collins?
il y a plus d’un an Dearheart said…
wink
OH NOESSSS!! *hyperventilates* His Dark Materials! Harry Potter! GOD FORBID! *quickly adds her Narnia books to the library to counteract all the evil anti-Christian material* =P
 OH NOESSSS!! *hyperventilates* His Dark Materials! Harry Potter! GOD FORBID! *quickly adds her Narnia
laugh
Hehe- Good save Dearheart :p Now that the evil is gone...

The Inheritance Cycle better known as the Eragon books. The movie they made was god-awful but the books are amazing.
 Hehe- Good save Dearheart :p Now that the evil is gone... The Inheritance Cycle better known as th
The Lord of the Rings =))
 The Lord of the Rings =))
il y a plus d’un an Myf_1992 said…
big smile
If your up for a laugh then any Terry Pratchett is good. My favorites are Wintersmith, A hat full of sky, Wee Free Men and Maurice and his educated rodants. But those are part of his children collection but they're still good for adults. I can't wait to read Carpe Jugulum (about vampires ooooo).

I just love his little world The Discworld!
 If your up for a laugh then any Terry Pratchett is good. My favoris are Wintersmith, A hat full of
surprise
There is a science fiction book called Unwind, by Neal Shusterman. it is definitely one of the best books I have ever read. It is science fiction, but it doesn't really seem like it for most of the time. It is very very awesome.

And, as this is a library, we need to add the inevitable.

Yes, I'm sure you ALL know what I am talking about.

There is a science fiction book called Unwind, par Neal Shusterman. it is definitely one of the best b
il y a plus d’un an snoznoodle said…
Can I just say - you all have awesome tastes in books! LOTR, His Dark Materials, Harry Potter, the Eragon series, Dracula - pretty much all my favourite books.
Since I'm going through a major classics stage (it started with Dracula to counterbalance the Twilight badness) I'm going to have to add my favourite - Jane Eyre. Now that's a true romance! Jane's also my hero. Classic, classic, classic!
 Can I just say - toi all have awesome tastes in books! LOTR, His Dark Materials, Harry Potter, the Er
heart
Ooohhh, yes! And let's not forget dear Jane Austen! =D
 Ooohhh, yes! And let's not forget dear Jane Austen! =D
heart
FUN FACT: Wow I actually have that edition of Pride and Prejudice! :O It's the cheapest from the cheap rack (meaning it was $6.95 rather than $7.95 :p)
I will have to admit that I do not read classics. This may have been the only one and I haven't actually finished it... I had to read it for school and of what I have read I absolutely loved it. So here I add Frankenstein by Mary Shelley :)
 I will have to admit that I do not read classics. This may have been the only one and I haven't actua
crying
They are making something called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and it makeh me sad!!
il y a plus d’un an Asvini said…
They have Pride and Prejudice and Zombies in my local bookstore. When I saw the title I was so confused, it took me a second to reassure myself I wasn't hallucinating.
My sister read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. She's also read Pride and Prejudice, and she loves it :)

Lauren- I've read all the Gregor books! The Underland chronicles! I have all of them, it's one of my favorite book series.

An underrated book- or at least a book that never got uber popular, which it should have. A great and heartbreaking read, Before I Die by Jenny Downham.

My sister read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. She's also read Pride and Prejudice, and she loves it
The Baby-Sitters Club by Ann M. Martin! They were my all-time favorites in elementary school :P I would put all, how many are, 200 books up but we'll just make the first one count for all of them.
 The Baby-Sitters Club par Ann M. Martin! They were my all-time favoris in elementary school :P I wou
If we've got Lord of the Rings, we need The Hobbit!
 If we've got Lord of the Rings, we need The Hobbit!
heart
Haha, definitely! =D Hobbits FTW!

And let's not forget the book that was specifically written with bookworms in mind. ;-)

"Some books should be tasted
some devoured,
but only a few
should be chewed and digested thoroughly."

I highly recommend this book. The writing is fantastic (usually I'm a fast reader, but this book is the kind that deserves to be savored), and the story is great...mystery, action, fantasy, drama and a teensy dash of romance, all rolled into one. And the more you love books, the more you'll appreciate this.

Oh yeah...and the movie doesn't do it justice. But that's usually the case. =P
 Haha, definitely! =D Hobbits FTW! And let's not forget the book that was specifically written with b
il y a plus d’un an Kaidi said…
OK, I should add something too :)
Hmm...
So, my pick is the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast.
The authors have given new original touch to the vampire myth, and even though a lot of people don't like it, I love it :)
 OK, I should add something too :) Hmm... So, my pick is the House of Night series par P.C. and Kristin
il y a plus d’un an tammy63 said…
Can i suggest the Saga of Darren Shan. It's a 12 book series about a boy called Darren (named after the author) who becomes a vampire's assistant.
 Can i suggest the Saga of Darren Shan. It's a 12 book series about a boy called Darren (named after t
Wow, these are all great! spikes_girl, I loved them too. I'm glad that someone else has read them.

I read "Before I Die" ! I loved it! It was sad but an excellent book. Oooooh. Inkheart and the Hobbit. I'm liking this library...:)
il y a plus d’un an November99 said…
I recomend "Dreamseller"

It's a drug adiction memoir, about how skateboarder Brandon Novak messed up his life with heroin... and kept messing it up. It was a very good book, the kittens on the nip should read it.
 I recomend "Dreamseller" It's a drug adiction memoir, about how skateboarder Brandon Novak messed
laugh
Hah. Those Kittens on the nip are nuts.
il y a plus d’un an xxXsk8trXxx said…
I'm a graphic novel and manga person, but I have a book to reccomend
It's called So B. It. It's by Sara Weeks. It's about the daughter of an autistic mother who both live with their helper. When the autistic mother's daughter, Heidi, finds pictures of her mother's past, she wants to search what her mother did in the past, which takes her to a far journey.
 I'm a graphic novel and manga person, but I have a book to reccomend It's called So B. It. It's par S
il y a plus d’un an dinglebell14 said…
oh oh oh ! there is a good boo if you like vampires that dont sparkle like disco balls ! it called 'The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod' ! these are the books !
 oh oh oh ! there is a good boo if toi like vampires that dont sparkle like disco balls ! it called 'T
il y a plus d’un an Plenilunio said…
I have just finished (like 15 minutes ago) one of those books that are part of my mental category of 'not the best thing ever, but entertaining enough'. It's 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', the first book of the Millenium Trilogy by Swedish autor Stieg Larsson. In case you want to take a look at the summary, read link. It doesn't spoil the ending or any major details in the storyline.

There is only one thing I strongly dislike in this novel: the female leading character, Lisbeth Salander. She is the epitome of 'Dark Mary-Sue'. She is 24, but looks about 14-15 because she is short, so skinny people thinks she's anorexic, has her naturally red hair cut very short and dyed black, has many tattoos and piercings and she dresses like a goth/punk/emo. She has a souped-up motorbike and lives in an old, filthy apartment. She's bisexual. She never got any educational diploma, but she is extremely intelligent, has a more than impressive photographic memory that allows her to memorize written pages in some 10-15 seconds and she's the best hacker in Sweden (she openly admits the latter when she's asked about it). She's suffered from verbal, physical and sexual abuse in the past, she has even been raped. Despite her appearance, which is sometimes described in a way that makes the reader think she is repulsive, every male wants to do her and/or protect her.

Anyway, leaving Salander aside, I've found the book quite entertaining, something easy to read. I only regret spotting the 'bad guy' a little bit too soon. And now I'm happy my grandpa, who lent me this book, will bring the other two when he comes to visit next time.

Also, I don't like this cover. I find the Spanish one better, more disturbing and intriguing. It's link if you wanna take a look.
 I have just finished (like 15 minutes ago) one of those livres that are part of my mental category of
il y a plus d’un an Mallory23 said…
heart
I suggest The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It's one of the first books I read and loved!
 I suggest The Shadow of the Wind par Carlos Ruiz Zafon. It's one of the first livres I read and loved!
Oh! Shadow of the Wind! Love that book!
I bought Pride and Prejudice and Zombies btw! I do NOT recommend it for this library. I thought it would be funny because I love the original. It's really not. This guy has taken Austen's book, cut out sentences and replaced them with references to zombies. Really, you end up wanting to read the original lol!
il y a plus d’un an crazyduds2 said…
Oh, wow. These are all really great books! I have The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo somewhere, but I'm going to dig it out.
I recommend The Art of Racing in the Rain. It's really good, and it's told from a dog's perspective.
Harry Potter is also deliciously written. I would've recommended it too, but it was already.
 Oh, wow. These are all really great books! I have The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo somewhere, but I'
^I got my mum that for her birthday and she hasn't read it yet so I might steal it :)
Here's another couple. (Scroll down for more.)
This book is called "Life As We Knew It." This kind of made my "Must Recommend" list. It's about a girl and her family's life after a meteor hits the moon and moves it closer in orbit to Earth. It's fabulous, and the character development is great.
 Here's another couple. (Scroll down for more.) This book is called "Life As We Knew It." This kind
Another is "Paper Towns" by John Green. It's great.
 Another is "Paper Towns" par John Green. It's great.
My last one is the City of Ember saga. It's great. The movie was a terrible rendition of the book.

(P.S. Sorry it's not all of the books. I could only find this picture.)
 My last one is the City of Ember saga. It's great. The movie was a terrible rendition of the book.
I finished this book recently, and I loved it. It's not what I would normally read but I really enjoyed it. It's set in New York 1899 and it's about society girls and their relationships. I think there's three books, I'm on the second and really liking that too. The first one is called The Luxe, the second is Rumours and the third is Envy.
 I finished this book recently, and I loved it. It's not what I would normally read but I really enjoy
il y a plus d’un an pixie09 said…
big smile
i really want to read the luxe, just because the cover is so pretty :D

and i only dont like one of the books in here that i have read, frankenstein .. i just hated it .. sry

and even though im sure most people have read it, i recon that wuthering heights deserves a spot in here :D its got to be my fav book and i cant believe i only started reading it last week when ive owned it for years :p
 i really want to read the luxe, just because the cover is so pretty :D and i only dont like one of t
il y a plus d’un an Mrs-Grint said…
Aaaaah!! I have read like nearly ALL of these books. The Book Thief is just 'MAZING!! I also recommend the Harry Potter series. ALL the Kittehz should read it!!

Hmm...what shall I recommend?

The Kingdom of the Golden Dragon by Isabel Allende, it's a fantastic book. Touching the Void is great too. I know this is a bit STRANGE but I feel speshful that I've actually READ the books on here. :)
 Aaaaah!! I have read like nearly ALL of these books. The Book Thief is just 'MAZING!! I also recommen
il y a plus d’un an Mrs-Grint said…
I had watched the film and I loved it. My best friend, Alex had given it to me on my tenth birthday. The Secret Garden is an amazing book. A tale of loss, mystery and friendship. It is a must-read.
 I had watched the film and I loved it. My best friend, Alex had donné it to me on my tenth birthday.