I am totally ignoring Breaking Dawn in this because Stephenie Meyer broke all the rules in there. [Vampires cant have children, they have no body fluids, etc etc]
Reasons i think Jacob is better for Bella than Edward is:
1. Edward/Bellas relationship is based on appearance. She is constantly talking about how good he looks, how velvety his voice is, how graceful he is, etc. She a dit Jacob was beautiful once ou twice and called his new muscles impressive once ou that she is jealous of his tan skin. She thinks Edward is too good for her because she looks plain suivant to him. She thinks Jacob is too good of a person for her.
"[About Edward] the contrast between us was painful. He looked like a god. I looked average, even for a human."-Page 65 New Moon
"[About becoming a vampire] I hoped I would be as strong, fast and most of all beatiful, someone who could stand suivant to Edward and feel like she belonged there." -Page 344 Eclipse
"Id never done anything good enough to deserve a friend like Jacob" Page 60 Breaking Dawn
"[About Jacob] I wondered if he was just to proud of his new muscles that he couldnt stand to cover them up. I had to admit, they were impressive-but id never thought of him as vain."-Page 215 Eclipse
2.Edward is controlling.
-Taking apart her truck to "protect" her. She is in plus danger around him and his family than she is in La Push.
-Has Alice keep her hostage while he is gone so she cant see Jacob.
-Not letting her see her friends.
-Deciding everything for her(what college she goes to, what car she drives, where and when she goes places, etc)
-Manipulating her. He is constantly s’embrasser her to distract her from arguments.
-Lying to her. He kept Alice's vision a secret.
-An example of him being controlling:
"'Get in Bella'
I didnt answer, I was mentally calculating my chances of reaching the truck before he could catch me.....
'I'll just drag toi back' he threatened,guessing my plan" -Page 104 Twilight
3. They only met and dated because he liked her blood andwas interested in why he couldnt read her mind and she only dated him because he was good looking and mysterious. If he wouldve been able to read her mind, he wouldve blown her off like he did to Jessica.
4. Shes happy with Jacob. She is always laughing and having a good time. She can finally be a normal teenager. With Edward, she has to act grown up all the time and watch what she says so she doesn't upset him.
"As we walked, I felt myself settling into another version of myself, the self I had been with Jacob. a little younger, a little less responsible" -Page 101 Eclipse
5.If vampires never existed, Jacob and Bella wouldve been together.
6.She almost chose Jake at the end of New Moon before Edward acted like a pyscho and went to Italy.
"[About giving Jake a chance]Maybe it wouldnt feel like betrayal. Besides, who was i betraying anyway? Just myself" Pahge 411 New Moon
"It wouldnt be easy. In fact, it would be downright miserable to give up my hallucinations and try to be grown up. But maybe i should do it. Maybe i could if I had Jacob" Page 372 New Moon
7.If it werent for Jacob and the pack, Victoria wouldve killed Bella in New Moon when Edward left. Edward is always putting her in danger.
8.When Edward is away, Bella sees sense.
"[About cliff diving/dying] What if something happened to me? What would that do to Charlie? -Page 371 New Moon
But when Eward is with her, Bella forgets everyone and doesnt think of the consequences of any of her actions. She worries about what would happened to her father if something happened to her if she died. But, isnt it the same thing if she were to become a vampire? She would have to give him up.
"[About becoming a vampire] As long as I could have Edward, what else mattered?"
9. Their relationhip is extremely unhealthy. They are obsessed with eachother. Edward even calls Bella his own "personal brand of heroin".
10. Bella loves warm, sunny places like phoenix. If she were to be a vampire, she can never live in places like that ever again.
11. Edward selfishly takes eveything away from Bella if he were to turn her. Her family, the abiltity to have kids, to grow old. Bella is too young to make that decision. She might get like Rosalie who is depressed because she can never hae kids ou grow old. If he realy truly loved her, he would leave and let her have a normal happy life.