Esprits Criminels What do toi think about Rossi?

xellga posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 09:33AM
He's the most recent (yeah, well, I call a year and a half "recent") addition to the team and I'd say by far the most controversial. I'd like to know what's your opinion of him. :)
 He's the most récent (yeah, well, I call a an and a half "recent") addition to the team and I'd say

Esprits Criminels 12 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an xellga said…
smile
Personally I'm still unsure what to make of him.

Initially I didn't like him at all. Well, it was partly because I'm a big fan of Gideon (which you all already know, I guess, ha-ha ;)) and Rossi's arrival just reminded again that Gideon isn't coming back. Ever. But it was only part of it. The main reason was he just didn't feel like part of the team. And for quite a while it seemed (to me) that he didn't really care to become a part of it. In particular the comments he made about JJ and Hotch's personal affairs in 3x06 rubbed me the wrong way.

This season I got used to him and even started to like him a little. What I don't like recently is that he seemes to be the solver of everyone's problem: JJ (4x14), Emily (4x17), Hotch (4x18) - and I can't see any particular reason for it. So the little warmth I was beginning to have for him, started to dessipate again.

Just to be fair, things that I do like about him: he's loyal, he's a good profiler, he adjusted quickly to the new methods, he does care for the victims and his co-workers. It's just that... I don't know. He's arrogance and the air of all-knowing is sometimes too much to bear.
il y a plus d’un an Celina79 said…
smile
Well, I must say at the beginning I was sceptical. I really liked Gideon, and it took some more episodes, till I get "warm" with Rossi. ;) But now I actually like him.

I think he is a good team member, and I really like how he cares about of all the other members, he showed that many times now.
He worked together with the Team, and not at his own anymore, as he did before.

And sometimes I think, is it really that, what he wants. I mean he was a high ranking SSA before, does he really like to be a subordinate (is it the right word?) again. Is he in the BAU, because he likes the job? Or because of some other reasons...?
smile
Colette, I totally agree with you, he no longer works alone and he's really good with team work, now that he's adjusted to it. :)

Somehow I believe he's quite content with being subordinate now. Less responsibilty, in a way. Maybe that's the reason I can't quite come over about him. With Gideon it felt like he and Hotch were equally responsible for every case, decision, etc. It wasn't officially so but it did take some burden off Hotch's shoulders - or so it seemed. But Rossi's quite satisfied with being second-in-command where all the most difficult decisions aren't his to make.

Okay, I know for sure now, I'm not really being fair to him. :) But I just can't help feeling this way. :)
smile
No, that are your thoughts, and I wrote mine about him.:)
I mean I like him in this Team, and I'm way more positive about him since lets say season 4.

smile
Oh, no, Colette, it's nothing that you said! :) I just realized that my feelings about him had less to do with him personally than with the kind of partnership I'd like to see. :) It's not his fault :) It's just my expectations :)
smile
Yes, I understand what you mean. Its no problem that you feel this way. :)
il y a plus d’un an George11235 said…
I think Rossi is a reasonably good character. He is not as interesting as most other members of the team or his predecessor Gideon but I think he fits in pretty well. The episode 'Masterpiece' with the serial killer obsessed with phi, lifted my opinion of Rossi after his clever interrogation scene at the end. I also liked his scepticism towards the 'psychic' in the episode 'Cold Comfort'
smile
Hi guys!

Uh, by the way, to give him credit - I liked him very much in this week's episode. He was really good there, working well with the suspect and the local cop.

And of three Rossi-centric episodes (3x14 Damaged, 4x08 Masterpiece and 4x15 Zoe's Reprize) I liked Zoe's Reprize the most. It really showed the more human part of him. I've already said above somewhere, he's rather arrogant (just as the killer in Masterpiece told him) and almost never doubts himself - or so it seems. And it was really touching to see him so shaken by the death of that girl. The scene with Hotch, outside the police station, is one of my personal favourites. It was really well-done.
il y a plus d’un an George11235 said…
Yes I agree. It was a rather a nice change to see his more empathetic side. It was a brilliant scene with him and Hotch. Hotch is very good at being there when people need him
il y a plus d’un an miss_orange said…
i personnaly Like Him! I think he's Really Funny and An interesting Charecore.
il y a plus d’un an shamrocks51 said…
I realy think he is a great addition to the cast.
il y a plus d’un an jalicefan15 said…
At first I hated him. He was mean to Reid, he was to much of a loner to be a profiler, and he didn't take orders from Hotch even tho he was suposed to.

But he is getting slightly better and Joe Mantegna is great.