films classiques "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

nandacavalieri posted on Feb 10, 2010 at 09:25PM
Welcome Classic movie fan!
This is spot is something to help us know each other better or even meet new people. As much as knowing each other by comments here (and all over Fanpop) is a lot of fun, it doesn’t give us the opportunity to have more extensive talks. So that’s why I created this. Talk classics, movies, music, tv, books… whatever you want!
Trust me it gets better over time ;)

(any idea would be great!)

films classiques 85 réponses

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 85

il y a plus d’un an etie said…
aw, i love this idea, well done nanda. :) let's see, how many of us is there! *classicmovie shout*
il y a plus d’un an yorkshire_rose said…
kiss
Awww nanda *hugs* what a fabulous idea ! Well i'm in love with Cary Grant.I adore Audrey Hepburn and Ingrid Bergman well all of them really lol ! I work with children sometimes badly handicapped children i just love my work.I sing to the children and eventhough they are handicapped i get a response(how lovely is that) I have a daughter Sarah, she is a Veterinary Nurse and i have a son Daniel who works with computors (i'm hopeless on here don't know how i survive lol ! but i love you all for putting up with me. Hi Etie my little sweetie <3
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an peterslover said…
big smile
I'm a classic movie fan too! I love "Gone With The Wind', 'Holiday Inn', all the Christmas classics, Cary Grant, Kathern Hepburn, John Wayne, so much more!
il y a plus d’un an nandacavalieri said…
:D
I can't believe I know so little about you! I love your job, awwww! (and I bet you sing beautifully)
OH MY! Your kids name are exactly the ones I want to my kids! Daniel and Sarah (my favorite name!)

Hi clarklover! What's your name? And clarklover is superman related, right? The movies, the comics, smallville, Lois and Clark...?

And YAY! Everybody loves Cary!
laugh
Yes Susie is into supermen especially the CPR guys LOL !
il y a plus d’un an peterslover said…
laugh
yyyyeeeeaaaaa I'm a widow.....been alone to long!!! Clarklover is my username, I have the hot's for Clark Kent from the TV show Smallville! Tom Welling plays the part. Such a cutie he is ♥ MY name is Susie, short for Suzanne. I'm not into the Superman movies...just Tom Welling ♥ I know...this is not related to 'Classic Movies' club. A little side tracked we got, huh?!
I haven't seen Smallville, it has too many seasons to catch up. I love Lois&Clark, it's one of my favorite shows :)
Awww! Susie :D

No problem, lol! We can talk about anything here ;)
laugh
nanda, thank you so much for your kind words.I'm pleased you like the names of my children.I love to know the meaning of names Sarah means "Princess" and Daniel means "The lord is my judge" my name Bernadette means "Brave" i thought it would mean "Beautiful" but NO ! LOL !
il y a plus d’un an pizzapi said…
haha i LOVED Lois & Clark, one of my favorite shows of the 90s. and the 90s are my favorite decade for tv shows (MST3k! DS9! Pete and Pete!) ! i wouldn't have guessed to be talking about it on this spot :D my favorite show of this century so far is Supernatural. but back to Superman, i like Smallville too and the Christopher Reeve movies (he was and always will be to me, the perfect Superman and Clark Kent) and comics.

actually i'm really into dc comics. read all the bat-family titles every month: detective comics, batman and robin, red robin, batgirl etc. 'tec (short for detective comics) is my favorite right now, as it has really beautiful artwork, and the artwork of a comic book is really important to me :) and i love the characters too, the two main characters are two totally badass ladies: Kate Kane (Batwoman, pictured) and Renee Montoya (The Question). like the title, i love detective stories, hey i can segue into actually talking about classic movies in this post !! XD

my favorite classic movie genres are detective, crime, noir, mystery, etc. i also love westerns, sci-fi, marx brothers and silent comedies. love love love ! i also love a lot of classics which don't fall into these categories at all ! i really appreciate beautiful cinematography in any genre <3

oh and my name's jessi
 haha i LOVED Lois & Clark, one of my favori shows of the 90s. and the 90s are my favori decade fo
hahahaha, Berni!

YAY, Jessi! It's not the easy to find L&C fans around Fanpop... :(
I fail in comics :O my life is pretty much movies, books and tv
oh! Forgot to ask where all of you live... (I know I can see in your Fanpop profile, but I'm too lazy)
kiss
Well i live in England UK we have the most awful weather but i love it here ! I'm actually from Yorkshire as you can see by my user name LOL ! This is a picture of the Yorkshire Dales not far from me.It's so unspoiled and very beautiful.I'm not really a superman fan but i loved Christopher Reeve playing him.Also i think that i am slightly nutty but i think you all know that already LOL ! Oh nice to meet you Jessi and Hi my little Easter bonnet partner nanda <2
 Well i live in England UK we have the most awful weather but i l’amour it here ! I'm actually from Yorks
hello berni and susie and jessi, nice to meet you :)

i'm ester (you all know that though:)) i'm from slovenia and if i had to choose what i love the most about life i'd say it's life itslef and freedom. there's nothing i enjoy more than going wherever and whenever i want, speaking, hanging out with my friends.
i have recently discovered my passion for art (about a year or two ago). i love degas and rodin, i think dali was insanely brilliant. i also love literature.
in the future i would like to travel as much as possible, i am very interested in different cultures and cuntries.
i love the picture of yorkshire, berni! :)
heart
Dear Etie ! What can i say i hope that your future holds everything you dream of.If you can dream something then you can make it happen.With determination (which you have) commitment (which you have) then anything is possible <3 This is for you Etie ! It says "Look to the skies and the stars will guide you"."Look to your heart and you will always know the way".
 Dear Etie ! What can i say i hope that your future holds everything toi dream of.If toi can dream som
laugh
nanda LOOK ! could this be you and i in our gorgeous Easter bonnets LOL !
 nanda LOOK ! could this be toi and i in our gorgeous Easter bonnets MDR !
il y a plus d’un an Sunshine47 said…
smile
Hello everyone! I'm a classic movie fan too :) My favorite classic movies are "Rebel without a Cause," "The Wizard of Oz," "East of Eden" and "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World."

heart
i really like the people on this spot :)
i love East of Eden too, Sunshine
 i l’amour East of Eden too, Sunshine
aw, thank you berni! sweet <3

you and nanda look like gooses from the beatrix potter's peter rabbit! so cute! :)

hello sunshine47! :) what's your name?
smile
Hi pizzapi!

Hi etie, my name is Veronica :) Nice to meet all of you :)
oh boy.... I'm behind.

Oh that's gorgeous Berni! Awwww, Easter is coming soon! nanda LOOK ! could this be you and i in our gorgeous Easter bonnets LOL ! --> LMAO!! Totally!

Welcome Veronica! Where are you from? Favorite actors/actresses?

smile
Hi Nanda, I'm from the U.S.

My favorite actors/actresses from the classic movies are James Dean, Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and more :)

Recent actors/actresses: George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Joshua Jackson, Angelina Jolie and Diane Kruger :)
Awwww Audrey :) That always makes me like someone <3
what about tv shows? like them? If yes, which ones are your favorites?
Veronica, what a pretty name. :) nice to meet you!
smile
Hi Etie i hope you are well *hugs* for a dear friend and nanda i'm so pleased you liked our Easter Bonnets LOL ! so funny ! Hi Veronica i'm so pleased to meet you <3
I was wondering when you would come here :)
I developed a Lost obsession... can't get enough of it. It doesn't help with watching the classics :O
smile
I know what you mean.I just love watching the classics :O only yesterday i watched "Rebecca" my fav and later i think i might watch "North by North West" even though i've watched them both hundreds of times.I much prefer the old movies to today's movies,are you the same nanda ?
I haven't seen Rebecca or North by North West :O
I know... classics I should have watched. But I'm not a Classic movie fan for a long time (a year in Feb 22nd, the day I watched My Fair Lady :D) so I have maaany movies to watch.
yes! I do! They are better! And original. Although I love both, but classics first.
laugh
Awww nanda you must watch them both really,you will love them i'm sure of it.You might even beable to to watch them in the video section of Classic Movies ! I just love "My Fair Lady2 Audrey is gorgeous.As you know i love Cary Grant he's my honey bunch LOL ! he's great with Audrey in "Charade" another film to watch.I love to turn the lights off,kick my husband up to bed LOL ! get a big bowl of popcorn,turn the phone off ! get a big bar of chocolate and watch an old movie on my own (except for the dog and cat)Then if i watch a weepie film no one can see me cry !
They are in my list (I'm like super organized with movies I watch, lol). They are pretty closed of being watched :)
Oh! Cary and Audrey! Such great chemistry!
hahahaha! Love it! I hate to see a sad movie with someone... I want to cry but then I think it'll be weird with someone by my side
kiss
I know i hate people seeing me cry LOL ! i don't know why after all it is a natural human emotion.I suppose we just feel a bit silly (i said that coz i carn't spell embaressed lol !) what am i like ? I really don't know how i survive on here as i don't even know how to link, oh my LOL ! when i first joined i didn't even know Fanpop was a social net working site really ! LOL ! i had to join to make a comment on a video sooooo funny i'm crazy.It's really thoughtful of you nanda to come up with this great idea of getting to know everyone better via this forum <3
yes, I think it's that. Also I usually keep my emotions to myself, so it's hard to show them...
hahaha! I was so stupid when it was about Fanpop and my English when i first started, lol!
kiss
What are we both like LOL ! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply i think i got lost somewhere,i'm trying to keep up with my updates LOL ! but it's lovely to speak with you nanda you have certainly brightend up my evening <3
awwwww!
I'm sorry too :( Lost obsession is getting into my life, lol
kiss
We are two lost souls !
hahaha! Yes!
laugh
We need to find an escape.I'll meet you in London in hmmmmmm about 10mins ! under Big Ben the clock LOL ! We'll have a great night out in our Easter Bonnets hahahaha !
hahahaha! I would love that!
I would love to visit England <3
I would love to visit Brazil sounds like an awesome place ! Who knows maybe one day ?
awww! We have some amazing places :)
I love my country <3
Yes i love mine too,but i have to say the weather here is just aweful LOL ! We get sun,wind and rain all in one day really ! then the next day we get snow and ice LOL ! crazy or what ? Today ia has rained none stop sooooo miserable !
hahaha! Here in my city is like that too! (not snow because we don't have it)
Rio is more stable, sun and heat all the time
here too! But I'm glad it's raining, it was sooo hot!
heart
Isn't it strange how we all get different weather.I love the sunshine but i don't like it too hot ! in England we don't get much sun in fact we are lucky to get sun for about 3 weeks in the year as we mainly get rain ! nanda it's been really nice to speak with you.Take care til we speak again *much love* always <3
I know!
yes, me too. I love the sun, I hate when it's hot.
bye hun! Have fun! G'night!
aw berni *hugs* right back at you. :)
i went to the movies today, sherlock holmes is great! anyone seen it?
Nanda, I love Lost too. My other fave tv shows are Fringe, Leverage, Mad Men, Friends and many more :)

Thanks etie!

Nice to meet you too, yorkshire_rose!
oh I did, Ester! I liked it very much :)

oh man! Lost and Friends!! Perfection :)
quiet...
Oh Nanda, your icon is so cute :)
i meant to mention that north by northwest was on tcm tonight but i forgot to !