christianisme Is "Cullenism" Blasphemous?

Cinders posted on Jul 14, 2009 at 11:55PM
I was going to ask this on the link spot, but figured I'd get more of a response here.

You're all probably familiar with the Twilight phenomenon that's brainwashed a generation of young girls. Well, now they've invented a "religion" called "Cullenism." Of course, it's not a real religion. It's not recognized by anyone outside of Twilight fans as a REAL religion. However, it has made its way to link and the link posted there about the "rules" of Cullenism is rather disturbing to me, and I'm not religious!

For example, if I were a Christian, I would be insulted that they're changing the name of Christmas to "Cullenmas" as Edward Cullen didn't die for their sins-- Christ did!

Now, like I said, I know these are just kids putting on costumes and pretending they've founded a new religion, but still, what do you guys, as bona fide Christians, think of this "impostor religion"? Is this a violation of Biblical laws? "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." Playing around or not, have these crazy Twilight fans indulged in worshiping a false god? How do you see this new phenomenon, from a Christian perspective? And could a person legitimately call themselves a Cullenist and a Christian at the same time?

christianisme 34 réponses

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...