Bones Songs For Bones!!!

Phenny posted on Feb 06, 2009 at 11:40PM
Ok, I don't know what the heck is wrong with me and I'm doing forum topics! Am I posessed from my QUEEN'S spirit??? *evil laugh*

Anywayzzz, this is a topic about music and Bones! Meaning, here we will talk about the songs that we heard in the show, songs that we liked or didn't find apropriate... We will talk about songs that we would like to hear in upcoming episodes, about songs that we would love to see in fanvideos, or what kind of songs we think suits the show and every character the best! We will expand our feelings and thoughts to just about every character that came in the show, if regular or not that is not an important issue... And though we are all here BB-lovers, we will also have the opportunity to talk about other couples, like Hodgela...Or couples that are not going to see the light of life, like Cadgins or Langela (Cam+Hodgins, Lance+Angela respectively)...

Share with us what YOU think are the best songs for the show!!!! Enjoy!!!!

Your sincerely,

Phenny

EEEEEEDIIIIIIT: since lot of us are from different countries, it would be nice if people could put songs from they're own country, in many different languages! Those whould be higly appreciated from the topic-maker!!!

EEEEEEDIIIIIIT: also highly appreciated, if you could put youtube-videos with the songs or some lyrics, so that all the other users would get a picture of it!!!
last edited on Feb 07, 2009 at 01:36AM

Bones 21 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an Phenny said…
big smile
In this brief time that we talk with each other and let our paths crossed in this magnificent site some, if not many of you, know my obsession with everything that has melody... Or lyrics and melody... So, basically songs... I love music with every little inch of my heart, with every power and every feeling that I have inside me! My parents are to thank for this, I remember listening to music from a very early age. The first memories that I have, I think I was 2,5 when I sang a song in the kindergarten... I was supposed to sing a poem about vegetables... BUT! Alas, I sang a greek rock song that was famous back in the year of 1986! As I might have said before, I can't start and end a day without music! It is one of the reasons I became the sparkling creature that I am now! Like reading books and watching films, it shaped my character and made me who I am! It's something more than obsession, it is pure love! So, being so passionate about music I think it serves me right to make such a topic!

About the show now... What do you think of the following song? Wouldn't it be great for every Bones' couple??? Just listen to it, and maybe later I'll post a list with the songs I think they would suit the most! I'm looking forward for your answers! The weirder they'll be, the better it is!!!!...

link
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an ebathory said…
Lol Phenny you crazy cat you :D I'm also very passionate about music, but I think a lot of the stuff I love may not be Bones-appropriate.

I'm gonna go have a think about it and I'll be back later with some input.
big smile
Caaaaam!!! My lovely twin, the apple of my eye! LOOOL! Oh, honey! Just about every song can be Bones-appropriate! Just let yourself and your imagination free....
kiss
Phenny, my better half, my international conjoined twinlet lol!There is this song that gets played on a local Australian radio station (Triple J) that always reminds me of Bones but I can't remember the name of it right now, it will come to me :)
Hi Phenny! How are you? Ok, I still can't remember which song I was thinking of, but I'd love it if there is another 'Booth rescuing Bones' scene if they played 'Here comes your man' by the Pixies. I don't know if you know that band, but here is a link to the song:

link

I think the chorus would be great!
big smile
Caaaaaam!!!!! Oh, I am not your better half.. I am just as good and bad, as you!!! *gives her twin sis a big HUG*

Ah, sure I know them!!! I love them!!!! This is a great song!!!! Hey what do you think of Passenger by Siouxsie and the Banshees? Or by Iggy Pop? I love this song, I think it could fit in a scene, or in fanvideo, not BB-related though... More like a video about all the characters, as an introduction....

link

link
heart
Hey!!!! THE DUCHESS again! Wow, am I the only one obsessed with songs?... Anyway, I came here cause I had to post the translated lyrics of a greek song that I LOOOOVE, and I was listening to just some minutes before... I think it fits BB!!! It's wonderful! Especially the refrain... BUT! I cant find a proper version of it on the internet... Enjoy the lyrics and I will go and enjoy, well whatever the heaven I am enjoying here!(see...it is actually heavenly what I am enjoying right now, hence I change the "whatever the hell"-phrase... I LOOOVE it to inventing new things!!! Like....Chemistrious... Mmmmmm...BYYYYYYEEEEE)

-PULL THE TRIGGER-

Again, pull the trigger...
In whatever we had the time to live,
aim and shoot in the head

Again, (at)the Sundays, that we’ve bummed around
And (at)the shop-fronts that we’ve been looking at,
aim and pull the trigger

Refrain:
Lives, cannot be divided like this,
of people who have loved so painstakingly!
Either both of us, or none! To the end of the thread, we’ve balanced...

Again, whatever we had the time to live...
and everything that we’ve whispered,
aim and shoot in the head

Again, as our clothes tumble
to our bodies which are embraced,
aim and pull the trigger

Refrain:
Lives, cannot be divided like this,
of people who have loved so painstakingly!
Either both of us, or none. To the end of the thread, we’ve balanced.
Hey Phenny, that sounds great! I think it definitely fits B&B, thanks for translating it :D AND I LOVE IGGY POP!!! Siouxsie and the Banshees are great as well, I'd never heard them do Passenger before, very cool! I'd love to learn how to make fanvids, I'd make a million! Mwa ha ha ha...

Chemistrious... You know you're mad right? Luv ya anyway girl!
il y a plus d’un an TypicalSquint said…
monkey
ok first of all you two are nuts.....i love it!!!

anyways, here are some songs i think are B/B songs (i actually have a playlist on my ipod with all B/B songs...i'm just a little obbessed with music and bones)

Empty by The Click Five

Ordinary day by Vanessa Carlton

The Kiss by Karmina

Breathe In by Frou Frou

The Unwinding Cable Car by Anberlin

Your are not alone by Patty Griffin

Lost by Michael Buble

No Fear No Envy by Joshua Radin

Makes me Wonder by Maroon 5

All we are by Matt Nathanson

I'm in love with a girl by Gavin DeGraw

Come Home by One Republice

thats all i got at the mo....

carry on with the crazyines
big smile
WowZa! From the songs you've listed I only know Michel Buble's and the one from Maroon 5! I am soooo left behind, man... But I'm doing a youtube search right now, the Empty-song sounds beautiful! Definetly a BB! Ooooh, very powerfull! Wow!! The guitars!! I am just listening to it while I'm writing, as you can understand :D

Hey Cam, you know the mingled version of Iggy's Passenger and Peggy Lee's Fever? Very nice too! I mean that song, fever...WOOOOW!!!! Though I like it from Eva Cassidy as well... Or definetly from the King... Yes, Yes! I LOVE THE KING!!!! HAIL TO HIM!!!!...LOOL, chemistrious!!! Rosie asked me yesterday how I find David and Emily's off cameras relationship and I said "They are so chemistrious!"... I NEED VACATION!!! AND A NEW BONES-EPISODE!!!

link the mingled song, veeeeery random video!

link from the KING...
kiss
LOOOL! Me again!!! I feel I should be doing a special Songs For Bones - Spot, only for my personal use!!!! Anywayzzzz, what do you think of "I Would Do Anything For Love"-Meatloaf???? Please! Please tell me you heard it at least once! The 1st time I saw the clip it was in '93... For weird reasons that I donnot remember now, we were able to watch the MTV. For free... My dad must have done something back then, I dont even wanna think what... But still it was cool that we were the only one in our town who had this privillege... Maybe the only one in Greece... I still remember many of the videoclips that was shown back then, or Beavis and Butthead... When they would come up, my dad was like "Ok, time to do your homework!". Anyway one of the clips was that of Meatloaf's! From the 1st time I saw it, I had THE obsession with this clip!!! And Meatloaf in general! HOMG, back then I had a tape, the A side with Meatloaf's live songs and the B side with 4NonBlondes, listening to them 'till I needed new batteries for my walkman! Ok i-pod kids, please dont ask me what a walkman is... Long story short, here's the clip! It would be a great BB-video!!!

link
Typical Squint - I'm sorry but I don't know any of these songs except the Maroon 5 one, but I'm gonna go look them up on YouTube!

Lol Phenny, I'm gonna start using Chemistrious in every-day conversation now! :D I absolutely love your taste in music! Except for the King... I'm guessing you're referring to Elvis, and I have a bit of a phobia where he is concerned. When I was a young child I had a nightmare about him eating me alive and ever since he has freaked me out lol.

And I definitely know Meatloaf's 'I would do anything for love' - I remember watching it too when I was little! On an Australian music show called 'Rage'. It always used to bug me that he'd sing 'I would do anything for love... But I won't do that' without saying what the 'that' was! It drove my poor young mind crazy! Love Meatloaf, do you like Rocky Horror? He's so great in that!

And the good ol' walkman days... Ah the memories! I could only listen to mine for about 2 hours before it needed new batteries :D

Anyway, enough of my ranting, but a song that came to mind back when Brennan and Sully were together and Booth was all sad and angsty was Cheers Darlin' by Damien Rice. It's really beautiful, about regretting the chances you had and now it's too late. Listen to it, I recon you'll love it! I could only find a live version so sorry about the quality...

link
big smile
Caaaaaaam!!!! How is it there honey? God, last night I dreamed of being somwhere in a farm in Adelaide, riding a white horse named Casper or Phrixo or something weird! LOOOOOL!!!! Elviphobia! Aaaah, poor kid! When I became older I began discovering his songs, when I was little and when someone whould go Elvismaniac I was like "Ah, give me a break..."... I remember watching a documentary about his life on a greek channel, I think it was on his 20 year death-aniversary... I was watching it with my mom and I said "Who is that?" cause I had no idea who he was...

LOOL!!! I was wondering THE SAME thing about Meatloaf's song! I remember understanding most of the words of the song, cause I had already began learning english, and it drove me INSANE!!!! I kept asking my dad what does he mean and he always said "You will understand it when you'll get older"... My dad is an absolutely music-freak! My mom also loves music, but she is more... low-key, more relaxed, down to earth... Whereas my dad and me, we always get psyched about songs or groups, concerts etc etc etc. Ha, of course I now Rocky Horror, thanks to my dad :D... I have it on dvd! I watched it like thousand of times! I used to sing some songs when I was little in front of my parents and their friends! Tell me ONE thing that we are not the same! Just one, dude... I'm not asking much, just one... Please tell me you love Pink Floyd!

LOOL, I still have my last walkman...
Just a song....No words, no comments...no... Nothing...

3-11 Porter - Surround Me With Your Love

Hello
Can you hear me
Please don't go
Where are you going
Conversations go over my head
Isolation has an ugly face
Surround me with your love
Understand me I need you now
Surround me with your words
Understand me I need your love
I need your love
I need your love

Hello
I'm so lonely
And it feels like disease
Come and stay, stay beside me
Stay always forever don't go
Surround me with your love
Understand me I need you now
Surround me with your words
Understand me I need your love

link
il y a plus d’un an Councilman said…
smirk
I have one and if no one else listed it, and I didn't see it, that is the perfect song for the show. It's a very old song and I haven't been able to find out how old but here it is along with a few lyrics.
Dem Bones, or Dem Dry Bones

Oh those bones, oh those bones,
oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
oh those skeleton bones.
Oh mercy how they scare!

With the toe bone connected
to the foot bone,
and the foot bone connected
to the ankle bone,
and the ankle bone connected
to the leg bone.
Oh mercy how they scare!

Or how about: Dem Bones (Gonna Rise Again)

The lord He thought He'd make a man
(Dem bones are gonna rise again)
So he took a little water and he took a little sand

I knowed it knowed it, indeed I knowed it camper
I knowed it - whee! - dem bones are gonna rise again

Now Adam he was terribly blue
He didn't know exactly what to do

laugh
Hi there Phenny! Sorry I never replied to your last post, work has been hectic... I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused by Meatloaf lol. I feel for you with the language barrier thing as well, you must have been very befuddled!

And I LOVE Pink Floyd! I have all of their stuff (some on vinyl!), 2 DVDs, a book and a couple of T-shirts of theirs... Well, they were not their actual T-Shirts but you get the point. I can't believe that you're a fan too! Seriously, we're like two peas in a pod! Or two nuts in a nutshell, 'cos we're pretty nutty :)

The 3-11 Porter song was good! I liked it, very pretty. And you were dreaming of Adelaide in Australia? That's weird! Phrixo would be an awesome name for a horse tho...

Councilman, that's awesome! I know the song, can't believe that it hasn't been mentioned here before.
il y a plus d’un an Evanescencefan said…
i have a couple of song i think would fit BB:

- my life would suck without you - kelly clarkson.

- halo - beyonce.

- you found me - the fray

- dont forget - demi lovato

- candleburn - dishwalla

- listen to your heart - DHT

- i miss you - DHT

- kiss me fool - fefe dobson

- iris - goo goo dolls

- poisen - grove coverage

- falling for you - jem

- again and again - jewel

- so close - jon mclaughlin

- hear me - kelly clarkson

- bron eyes - lady gaga

- poker face - lady gaga

- i caught myelf - paramore

- we are broken - paramore

- decode - paramore

- blind - placebo

- waiting - renee cassar

- chasing cars - snow patrol

- denial - sugar babes

- about you now - sugar babes

- heaven forbid - the fray

- how to safe a life - the fray

- she is - the fray

- over and over - three days grace

- the way i are - timerland.

il y a plus d’un an Addicted2TV said…
monkey
Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes - Fall Out Boy

**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED**
Wow, evanescencefan, that's a lot of songs! The only ones I know are Iris and Blind, but I'm not too sure how they fit the B&B thingo... It may be my interpretation of the songs, but to me Iris was about someone who was in love with someone else that didn't know who they are at all, kinda stalkerish. And Blind is a little dark for B&B, it's about someone who loves a depressed druggie, and the fact that they want to save them from themselves. If you have a different interpretation, please share! Love that song though! It's actually one of my favourites of Placebo, the lyrics are great!

'If I could tear you from the ceiling,
I’d freeze us both in time,
And find a brand new way of seeing
Your eyes forever glued to mine.'

And addicted2tv, I'll check out the Fall Out Boy song too :)
Considering everything that has happened the last 2 weeks... I am still so not in the mood to watch bones, read spoilers, see fotos, write on picks... People from the fanpop have been telling me how much they miss the old phenny and her phennyshisms... Well, I miss her too, but she ain't gonna come back... She died inside on that very morning of the 20th of February... Who knows what she'll be like, when she returns...

Anyway, I have the intention to do fanvideos, not now though... Here is a greek song (translated in english) that basically describes my current situation... If Bones was a greek show, Brennan would be listening to that song after Booth got shot...
It's very popular and loved in Greece, and it's worth clickin on the youtube link, even if you dont understand the greek lyrics... Just... try something else dude, life is too short and you gotta have to experience everything if possible, cause otherwise you are just a miserable and sad human being...

CHRISTOS THIVAIOS - HOW MUCH I LOVED YOU

How much, how much
How much I loved you
How much I loved you
You'll never know it
From life, from life
From my life you passed by
And you enlivened it and you got lost, vanished
Like birds of passage
...nonreturning birds

How much I loved you
You will never know it

And if you don't expect to see me
And if you don't expect to see me
And (if I don't expect) that you'll return
You, my dream's sweet breath

I will sing it eternally
I will sing it eternally
And you will never know
That the moments you gave me
They are worth one lifetime

How much I loved you
You will never know it...

link
heart
Hey Phenny, if you don't mind me asking what happened? I havn't been on the Pop as much lately, and I had noticed you were not around much either but didn't realise that something was wrong! Honey, I hope everything is ok in your life, and send out my deepest sympathies to you if something has gone wrong. I don't want my twinlet to be depressed! If you want to chat about anything feel free to send me a message, and I know that there is nothing in particular that I can do to help you or make anything better (as I am halfway around the world from you right now) but I am thinking of you and wishing you well. And that is a very beautiful song.