Sp1r1t posted on Jan 02, 2010 at 05:31AM
Well I went to see Avatar for the third time today in IMAX 3-D and I still want to see it again. I think I have a problem and need help :/ Damn you Cameron for making a awesome movie!!!

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 57

il y a plus d’un an pirate-vampire said…
cool
I am addicted as well. Some icons of mine changed, my Twitter background changed for it, my desktop wallpaper has Jake & Neytiri, etc etc. :O
il y a plus d’un an Sp1r1t said…
:O
But I do really have to stop. It's only fantasy and it's not real :/
il y a plus d’un an pirate-vampire said…
meh
That's what's so sad. |:
crying
I know! Now I'm gonna cry.
il y a plus d’un an DarKogin said…
I agree with you Sp1r1t...it truly is a shame that it is not real...not a place you can really go...but I also must say that it is inspiring...I have been writing a book for about a year, but I had recently lost my "focus"...however, seeing this movie has re-energized me seeing what is really possible.
il y a plus d’un an Claysscott said…
IVE SEEN AVATAR 5 TIMES IN IMAX !!!!!!!!!! GETS BETTER EVERY TIME!
il y a plus d’un an -SlytherinGirl- said…
Mm! Amazing movie! Hear, hear! (raises wand) xD
@DarkKogin
First step is admitting you have a problem :)
This movie has also inspired me as well, I just don't know where to start.Heehee :/
il y a plus d’un an duncaj said…
Hey Sp1r1t, I'm also addicted to Avatar and ya i know what u mean, it feels as if its a drug. See... i'll work all week and get stressed out then i go watch Avatar on the weekend and all the stress goes away, just like that. Then i feel jealous of the Na'vi because they have much less worries...and dont need money. ha ha Their life is so my style, i cant stop thinking about it.
 salut Sp1r1t, I'm also addicted to Avatar and ya i know what u mean, it feels as if its a drug. See...
il y a plus d’un an meyers said…
smile
I've seen the movie twice and plan to see it a third time. After that I'll buy the soundtrack for an Avatar "fix" and can't wait until the DVD comes out in the summer. Looking forward to the delected sex scenes.

Similar films I love with "native" thems are Emerald Forest, Dances with Wolves and Apocalyto.

Hey meyers, I also cant wait for the DVD to come out. When it does im going to buy a Blueray DVD player. The movie will sound and look great in my home setup. I also downloaded the Avatar Soundtrack From James Horner, Makes my soul melt~
Yeah, I know what you mean duncaj. If I could, I would love to be one of them.
il y a plus d’un an CRaftsman1459 said…
All we can do is wait for the sequel. There's only three things that could stop a sequel:
-Cameron's death.
-Apocalypse.
or
-The movie "isn't successful enough."
Assuming none of those come true in the next 7-8 years we're all good.
I say 7-8 because I'm an optimist for a Avatar trilogy and hope for a movie every 3.5-4 years.
Ugh. I wish that the sequel came out this year with the same quality and epicness as the first one or preferably better. Yeah, I guess we wait.
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an Pandoras_Spirit said…
Dude... Im like trying to learn the language of the na'vi, but just some.

Eywa ngahu aytsmukan si aytsmuke
surprise
"Good night brothers and sisters."?
Its "Eywa be with you brothers and sisters" you were really close :)
Oh! Lol. A lot of people on the offical Avatar community would say "Good night" and then say Eywa ngahu. I thought that meant good night lol.
Yea i saw it there to and looked it up :D
Oel ngati kameie
kaltxì Ngaru lu fpom srak
Tsun oe ngahu nìNa’vi pivängkxo a fì’u oeru prrte’ lu

irayo, Eywa ngahu
hmmm
I have just been confused.
il y a plus d’un an rachaelwsz said…
LOL. My friends kinda took their 'addiction' to a whole new level.

My buddies in the Editorial Board named our brand new computer after Neytiri. The computer isn't even blue. Haha. =P
They should paint it blue as a tribute and put a picture of Neytiri on there :D
I think its fun to write in Na'vi, tougher to speak though, obove in translation i wrote:

I see you
Hello, how are you?
It’s a pleasure to be able to chat with you in Na’vi
Thank you; good bye, Eywa be with you

thats the simple setup so far for me, i'll keep at it. Oh and im not "crazy addicted"...but i am addicted. haha
Haha. Pretty impressive. I thought about learning how to speak and write in Na'vi, but I just thought to myself that there is no need to learn it if it's not even an offical language. If that becomes true in the future, then I'll learn it :)
its just someting to mess around with i guess, but if i hear of an Avatar event, you bet i'll be studying hahaha
surprise
Yeah, maybe I should get studying too lol.
Wow, this actually goes on to a second page :O
il y a plus d’un an purplemoon said…
meh
The really sad thing is that this world exist(ed) - it's our own world, our "Na'vis" was the people living in - and understanding nature. We kind of destroyed it - but what can we do, even if we want to change it all?

*Sigh* I love Avatar... I have a problem too, I want to see it for the third time, and I just can't stop thinking about it. I've never liked a movie like this, actually I rarely go to the cinemas.. It was a coincidence that I ended up seeing it in the first place, now I want to see it again..and again..and again..
Some ppl still live lik e that purplemoon. Like jungle ppl and etc. But yeah... humans have a craving for power and with power came money and with money came everything else. Although some pros are Medicine, Transportation, and knowledge of how things work. I would give that all up to have what the Na'vi have. Like jake said "They killed their mother" Im afraid that just might come true :/
il y a plus d’un an DefineDelicate said…
cool
*raises hand* I myself am addicted. I have a Poster in my room of Jake&Neytiri and Tuesday, I'm about to see the movie for the 2nd time..not to mean My icons and such are of course Avatar. I thought I would only be this way for Books and TV shows but Nope. James Cameron had to change that and be a evil genuis..*sighs*
Yes, Cameron is an evil genius lol. I think it was a mistake seeing the movie, my life was perfectly normal. Now there is not one day where I can't stop thinking of Avatar.
surprise
ha-ha...wow that last replay is all too true. im feeling the same way.
il y a plus d’un an Bobofatt said…
sad
The magic and addiction of this movie fades from me each day.... it saddening. I wish i could feel the same way i did the first time i saw the movie. It pains me to know that soon the magic of this movie will be gone =(.
@duncaj: Well at least I'm not alone :D

@Bobofatt: Go see the movie again? :O
angelic
yeah, everytime i go see Avatar i get more addicted, hmm...someone hasnt went to see the movie enough times...[cough]~bobofatt~
-haha
il y a plus d’un an luvrofedward said…
heart
I so am addicted. its insane. i love james cameron for making this movie!
il y a plus d’un an CRaftsman1459 said…
Hi. My name is CRaftsman1459...and I am addicted to James Cameron's Avatar.
*Everyone in unison* Hello CRaftsman1459.
Today I watched Avatar for the fourth time. I recently travelled to four Wal-Marts and then to the local mall to find the sold out Avatar Embrace poster now adorning my wall. I went to Barnes & Noble last week and bought the Avatar Pandora Activist's Survival Guide. I carry it around with me everywhere along with my printed copy of the ebook "The Na'vi Language" from Learnnavi.org. I am attempting to learning Na'vi in class at school and recieved odd looks from my classmates when I tell them what I am doing.
I am an Avatar addict...and I love it.
hahaha...thats to awesome,[lol]That is some serious addiction, man i am lovin it.
That last reply has made my day, that was solid...haha
My friends and I did a review on Avatar for our oral presentation. :) Didn't stammer this time. WOOT!

Apparently, I may be watching Avatar again about a week later from now... 3-D this time probably. My dad hasn't watch it and I'm going to 'drag' him along to watch it with the rest of my family. =P

*fingers crossed*
Good luck, Rachelwsz...I was tough to get my dad to go see Avatar, he's not a movie fan at all...Good news though, he loved it.
Hope yours does too!!
Lmao CRaftsman. An Avatar rehabilitation center, that would be the day :)

I hope it's IMAX 3-D rachael :D Also, I'm doing a paper on the performance capture technology used int he movie :]
Hey guys. So I came back from my 7th viewing of Avatar :) I love how every time I watch this movie, I start to take notice of little details that I have never seen before :D The screen was humongous!
last edited il y a plus d’un an
sunny
^Nutcrackers! Haha... Gosh. 7th time? Lucky you.
surprise
How many is it for you? :O
*sighs* Thrice only...
Ok. Just let me ask the one important question. Did you SEE it in IMAX 3-D!?!?!?!?!?
once you go IMAX you never go back, hmm...seen it 6 times, 4 times in IMAX, everytime in 3D. :D
il y a plus d’un an ICE989 said…
OMG, you ppl need to get a life, that was a complete and utter dissapointing movie. The only good thing in that movie was the first 20 min and last 20 min, other than that it dragged, what a bunch of tree hugging morons. Oh i want to make out with that tree, and that tree using there ridicule tail. That was a waste of my ten pounds and three hours.
Lol duncaj, nice.

Sorry you didn't like the movie ICE989, but all I hear from you is complaints and a bad attitude. I have a feeling you complain about everything you dislike. I sometimes like to rant about things but as we all know, that gets us nowhere.
il y a plus d’un an ICE989 said…
Hi Spirit,

I actually hardly complain bout anything but only when there is something genuinley to complain about, ie AVATAR.