conseil On a bad jour

ThinkPink20 posted on Jan 12, 2008 at 01:38AM
What is your best advice you can give to someone having a bad day? Is it a quote you heard somewhere? Your favorite music lyric?
My plan is for everyone to contribute a piece of advice, so if your day is crappy, just look at this forum thread, maybe it will make you smile.

My advice to you on a bad day: Don't sweat the little things, because tomorrow is a new day.

conseil 9 réponses

Click here to write a response...
il y a plus d’un an dazl said…
Mine is more a suggestion. If you are having a bad day, exercise. Exercise release endorphins, which make you happy, so you cheer up and can look on the bright side of life.
il y a plus d’un an ThinkPink20 said…
Exercising gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't kill their husbands.... they just don't! :D (Sorry, I have to say that every time I see the word "endorphins.")
il y a plus d’un an Cinders said…
I tend to listen to my favorite bands. I have a "cheer up" play list filled with silly, goofy, life-affirming songs.

(A list of titles [no artists] if anyone cares)

The Jedi Song
What Would Bryan Boytano Do
O Holy Night
Kyle's Mom's A Bitch
Mephisto and Kevin
President of the United States
Brave Sir Robin
My Girlfriend, Who Lives In Canada
All The Words In The English Language
Only Gay Eskimo
Schadenfreude
La Vie Boheme
Santeria
Sunny Weather
Albuquerque
Nations Of the World
The Multiplication Song
States and Capitals
I Am the Very Model Of A Cartoon Individual
Oh Holy Night
The Lonely Jew On Christmas
For Now

BUT I also suggest being spontaneous, or call someone you know to be goofy and be entertained.

OR read these jokes:

50th Wedding Anniversary
On their 50th wedding anniversary, a couple summed up the reason for their long and happy marriage. The husband said, "I have tried never to be selfish. After all, there is no 'I' in the word 'marriage.'" The wife said, "For my part, I have never corrected my husband's spelling."

Playing House
A little girl and a little boy were at day care. The girl approaches the boy and says, "Hey Tommy, wanna play house?" He says, "Sure! What do you want me to do?" The girl replies, "I want you to communicate your thoughts." "Communicate my thoughts?" said a bewildered Tommy. "I have no idea what that means." The little girl smirks and says, "Perfect. You can be the husband."

Penguin Breakdown
A truck driver had to deliver five hundred penguins to the state zoo. As he was driving his truck through the desert, the truck broke down. After waiting by the side of the road for about three hours, he waved another truck down and offered the driver $500 to take the penguins to the state zoo for him. The next day, the first truck driver arrived in town and saw the second truck driver crossing the road with 500 penguins walking in single file behind him. The first truck driver jumped out of his truck and said, "What's going on? I gave you $500 to take these penguins to the zoo!" The second truck driver replied, "I did take them to the zoo. And I had money left over, so now we're going to see a movie."

Incorrect Email Address
A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw outduring a particularly cold winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon forty years earlier. Now, because of their very hectic schedule, it was difficult to coordinate their travel plans. So the husband left Minneapolis and flew to Florida on Friday, and his wife was going to fly there the following day.
The husband checked into the hotel, but unlike when they were there the first time forty years earlier, there was a computer in the room and he decided to send an email to his wife. As he typed out the address, however, he accidentally made a one-letter mistake in the email address. Meanwhile, in Houston, Texas, a Baptist pastor had just had a heart attack and died. His wife returned home from the funeral and decided to check her email, thinking that there might be messages from relatives and so on. After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted dead away. The widow's son rushed into the room and found his mother on the floor. He then saw the computer screen, and here is what it said:
"To my darling wife, I know that you are surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you're allowed tosend emails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and checked in. I see that everything's been prepared for your arrival tomorrow, and I look forward to seeing you then. I hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.
"P.S. It sure is hot down here!"

Employment Application
While filling out an employment application, a man paused over this question: "Person to notify in case of an accident."
Finally he wrote, "Anybody in sight."

Thanksgiving in the UK
A few years ago, an American and a British journalist were discussing Thanksgiving on a British radio program.
The American asked if Thanksgiving was celebrated in the UK.
"Yes," the British journalist replied, "but we celebrate it on the 6th of September."
"Why then?"
"That's when you chaps left."

And one last one...

Buying Grades
One day a professor was giving a big test to his students. He handed out all of the tests and went back to his desk to wait.
Once the test was over, the students all handed the tests back in. The professor noticed that one of the students had attached a $100 bill to his test with a note saying "A dollar per point."
The next class the professor handed the tests back out. This student got back his test and $64 change.

And remember! There's always someone somewhere in the world who is worse off than you! (Memo to self: may post lyrics/video for Schadenfreude later to prove this point).
last edited il y a plus d’un an
il y a plus d’un an ztara said…
i say, 'you have to laugh or you'll cry'. i said it to amazondebs about tina, she thought it was funny.
il y a plus d’un an amazondebs said…
yeah we do make some good jokes but i don't think thats always whats best sometimes the best thing to do it to just listen and let them cry on your shoulder
il y a plus d’un an shingkai said…
i agree with amazondebs.
sometimes in order to feel better we have to let that emotion to burst out...

"It's normal to act abnormal in abnormal situation"
il y a plus d’un an hekissedmyhand said…
Having a bad day? Vent it out, then move on. Life is to short to hold a grudge.

But usually I take a nap and feel alot better.
il y a plus d’un an Kitzo said…
I buy a box of chopsticks and, uh, break them.

Biodegradable anger management.

... I'm an odd duck.
il y a plus d’un an DrDevience said…
Emotion is a choice, like everything else. We pick and choose what to get up in arms about.It may not be a conscious choice, but it is a choice none the less.

The complicated answer is to teach them a bit of Cognitive Restructuring, if you've gotten that far in your studies. It is a fairly simple theory to grasp and doesn't require an advanced degree to utilize ;>

My favorite was this: How will this thing effect you 10 years from now?

If the answer is not at all, then the thing isn't worth wasting emotion over. This is what I do when I feel myself getting in a grumbling mood over something petty ;)
last edited il y a plus d’un an